Just bought my brand new Playbook. Back home, power it in, connect to my WIFI network, register...etc. Then comes OS upgrade page. I choosed to install the proposed new OS. During Download, I started up my laptop computer, and when it tried to connect to the WIFI network, it raised an IP adress conflict popup. Then the Playbook raised a message : "connection failed, OS not installed" (download was about 50Mo / 350Mo) and it only proposed me to restart, what I did.
    Since then, the Playbook only shows the start up screen, with coloured bubbles...and that's all. ON/OFF button has no effect, Playbook is not recognized by DM...
    Please help !!
    09-10-11 11:47 AM
    Try to do a hard reset which you press all buttons at the same time for 20 seconds low,play,and high volume button.
    09-10-11 12:03 PM
    I may be misreading the above post.

Press and hold all three buttons for about 15 seconds or so: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown.

If that fails there is the "debrick method"

You will need Desktop Manager (DM)

Connect the PB to your PC with DM running.
    From the Menu, click Device>update.
    You'll get a notification that the OS is up to date.
    Reboot your PB while still connected to DM.
    You will then get a new prompt in DM, hit the update button.
    After the OS reloads, you will have the sample movie back.
    09-10-11 12:57 PM
    I may be misreading the above post.

Press and hold all three buttons at the same time for about 15 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and Voldown.

Or the debrick method after you install Desktop Manager (dm)

Connect the PB to your PC with DM running.
    From the Menu, click Device>update.
    You'll get a notification that the OS is up to date.
    Reboot your PB while still connected to DM.
    You will then get a new prompt in DM, hit the update button.
    After the OS reloads, you will have the sample movie back.
    09-10-11 12:59 PM
    If those suggestions above are not working, here's mine... clean the screen of your PlayBook to remove some fingerprints... then, get the original box... wrap again your PlayBook the same way as you open it... put in the original plastic bag or whatever plastic bag given to you... get the original receipt and drive back to the store where you bought it... look for that sale guy, and simply tell him that it is not working...
    09-10-11 01:42 PM
    thank all,
    i just let the battery down (i only powered it for about 20mn). it rebooted properly, and i enjoy it now
    09-10-11 01:53 PM
    Thanks for replying back with your success.
    09-10-11 02:13 PM
    thank all,
    i just let the battery down (i only powered it for about 20mn). it rebooted properly, and i enjoy it now
    Glad its working now.
    09-10-11 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD