so i recently got my jawbone jambox to hear my music via blueetooth and im having trouble getting it to work. I already paired it but when i put some music it plays in the playbook and not on the speakers.. it works fine on my 9780 though.

Any help?
    06-23-11 07:57 PM
    Sorry, but the PB does not support audio via Bluetooth.
    06-23-11 08:33 PM
    omg.... there goes my 200 bucks.... i love my pb it helps me alot on school but i must admit it falls short on so many features compared to other tablets..
    06-23-11 08:36 PM
    Doing a little bit of research prior to making a large purchase likely would have helped with the decision.
    06-23-11 08:40 PM
    Research then purchase. Bluetooth audio hasn't worked since day 1. Been discussed at length here.
    06-23-11 08:41 PM
    The hardware supports A2DP, which is required for bluetooth audio, but drivers are not yet available on the Playbook. Hopefully they will be there in a future update.
    06-23-11 08:49 PM
    A2DP will be added in the next update, June 30, 2011
    06-23-11 09:40 PM
    fanboys...
    Somedays yes - but a few hours ago I was on a tirade over email attachments. The pb definitely needs STUFF and FIXES. Right now it is kind of like a Thanksgiving TURKEY - it needs stuffing and fixings.
    06-23-11 09:47 PM
    Somedays yes - but a few hours ago I was on a tirade over email attachments. The pb definitely needs STUFF and FIXES. Right now it is kind of like a Thanksgiving TURKEY - it needs stuffing and fixings.
    I agree whole heartedly. The Playbook was also touted for its multimedia capabilities - the fact that it can not connect to Blutooth audio is, at best, a disappointment, and at worst, another in a long list of baffling limitations when it comes to the capabilities of the Playbook.

Hopefully the wait will not be too long (60 days ) for what should have been there at launch.
    06-23-11 11:12 PM
    I agree whole heartedly. The Playbook was also touted for its multimedia capabilities - the fact that it can not connect to Blutooth audio is, at best, a disappointment, and at worst, another in a long list of baffling limitations when it comes to the capabilities of the Playbook.

Hopefully the wait will not be too long (60 days ) for what should have been there at launch.
    I take part in too many threads already - I don't really care if he swore, promised, oathed (oaffed) or merely said, inferred or implied. It does not matter one wit. It won't happen.

I guess the more things that I discover are missing the less I expect to be solved. I should promise myself not to stress out too much. a2dp, email attachments, no portrait in pictures, adobe without search/find, kobo with no sideloading, etc....

And actually, a2dp is only the advanced bt protocol for stereo/music - the darn thing does not even do simple bt audio.

Back to my tivo and catching up on The Event (no, not the pb intro or even an new OS update!)
    06-23-11 11:38 PM
    fanboys...
    First of all, grow up.

Secondly, not at all applicable in this case.

I think that we all would agree that we would want the PlayBook to be able to play audio over Bluetooth. But it currently does not have that capability.

And nothing in the specifications would indicate that that functionality is currently present.

So, caveat emptor.
    thedark722 likes this.
    06-24-11 06:03 AM
    i happy if bt audio is even comming at all.
    would be so great watching movies with a bt headset
    06-24-11 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD