Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default HELP needed with Yahoo contacts. CardDav.

Hi guys, one of the tips I used for this was to delete my eMail account in messages and reinstall. Pls do not do that. Reinstalling yahoo has become a nightmare.

I have my eMail and Calendar back, but Contacts will not sync. I,ve tried all of the obvious, advanced settings, calling RIM, searching Crackberry etc. No luck.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

If I am not mistaken the fourth post of this thread might a solution?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by dave_h_946 View Post
    If I am not mistaken the fourth post of this thread might a solution?
    Nope. That's my post you're linking to, and the post was meant to show how to import contacts for use in one of the android email apps- not the native Messages app. Messages is supposed to import these contacts automatically, but, FWIW, I've had probl;ems with Messages importing my Yahoo contacts also.
    CrackBerry User

Yahoo has never worked properly....If you look, you will find that very few (if any? ) have managed to sync the two together. I have talked to yahoo support and they blame Rim....but it works fine with almost every other email server...hmmmm? Good luck in your quest to figure this out,if you do.....you will have your few minutes of Fame....I guarantee it!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by markryb View Post
    Yahoo has never worked properly....If you look, you will find that very few (if any? ) have managed to sync the two together. I have talked to yahoo support and they blame Rim....but it works fine with almost every other email server...hmmmm? Good luck in your quest to figure this out,if you do.....you will have your few minutes of Fame....I guarantee it!!!
    Thanks Mark. Are you sure it is really that widespread. I see a quite a few when I do a CB search, but I thought I was just one of the unlucky ones. I would change my email, but thats just too much agony.

I hope for RIMs sake that they fix this in BB10, or it will not be a happy ending.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,310 Global Posts

I don't think I've read one post from anyone who can get contacts to sync from Yahoo any more. Mine did until several months ago, something was going on with Yahoo's site (it was up and down like a rollercoaster & many were reporting outages so I'm guessing they were doing something on their end) and when it finally came back up and stayed up, my contacts no longer synced and I've never been able to get them to again. That's just my experience as some have never been able to get them to work properly. I don't think it's possible at this point.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    PIN
    Knee

Yep, same here. Syncing Yahoo contacts worked fine up until a couple of months ago. Then no go. Says something about Yahoo user ID changing.

Haven't been able to back my Playbook up since February 2012, using two different computers.
    "Songs are really just interesting things to do with the air." -- Tom Waits