I dont know if anyone else is having this issue but it is annoying me beyond belief.
    Ill open up the browser and click the address bar to enter a website address, the keyboard will pop up normally.
    Ill enter the www. and on the 3rd or 4th letter the keyboard fails to respond. Ill do the diagonal swipe from the corner to bring it down and back up still doesnt work.
    it does this EVERY time i open the browser on my first attempt to enter an address.
    The keyboard also fails to respond in other situations, for example typing a document it will cut out half way through a word, or type a random string of letters which I didnt touch!
    My only solution is to close the offending application and restart and usually this will make the keyboard go back to normal.
    It has been happening prior to the newest update and after the newest update..
    anyone else having this problem? is my only option for a fix to do a security wipe?
    02-15-13 12:02 PM
    Here's somethings you can try - System Reset your PlayBook.
    Connect your device to your PC and use a computer cleaner software and set it to your PlayBook's allocated drive (which will be something like "Z:" but don't set it to "C:" unless you want to clean your computer up).
    02-15-13 12:11 PM
    I had similar problems (and worse - with horrendous keyboard lag most places) - following advice from other (very kind) CD members I fixed the problem(s)

Backup your PB - do a Security Wipe - Restore your PB - et Voila..... All works fine!
    02-15-13 12:21 PM
    Thanks for the help, was hoping i could avoid the security wipe but i guess this is my only option at this point, well worth a try.
    Thanks again
    02-15-13 12:40 PM
    Here's somethings you can try - System Reset your PlayBook.
    Connect your device to your PC and use a computer cleaner software and set it to your PlayBook's allocated drive (which will be something like "Z:" but don't set it to "C:" unless you want to clean your computer up).
    can you recommend which software to use? also will this just erase all the files on my playbook?
    02-15-13 12:40 PM
    BigAl_BB9900 - this would be fine except my PB fails all attempts to backup.
    Keyboard lag is much worse since the latest update. Its like type wait 2 seconds then key appears and beep sounds. Next keystroke is fine maybe. Lag is a real issue with PB.
    02-15-13 12:44 PM
    Keyboard lag is much worse since the latest update. Its like type wait 2 seconds then key appears and beep sounds. Next keystroke is fine maybe. Lag is a real issue with PB.
    +1, i thought the keyboard was going to be upgraded to native? has it been done yet, because it seems slower than the previous one.
    02-15-13 12:49 PM
    Hi Jer

I assume you have read all the 'how to get your PB to backup fixes' on here..... I have to turn off wi-fi, bluetooth etc (but NOT using the airplane mode - for some reason that doesn't do it), do a hard reset, re-check wi-fi is still off, and then...... most of the time the damn thing will back up.....

Good Luck!

Alex
    02-15-13 01:36 PM
    Alex,
    Thank you for your advice, I will be attempting this tonight. Hopefully this will resolve my issues.
    02-15-13 01:39 PM
    before deleting everything on the tablet, my advice would be to check you are not just "losing focus" in the app when typing.
    My experience is, the swipe command to show or mask the keyboard is completely independent from the app. So, for instance, there will be applications with text fields where you can raise the keyboard even though no text field is in focus: in such a case, whatever you type, nothing will happen in the app, because no field is selected.
    Indeed the best way to get an 'active' keyboard is just not to 'swipe it up' but to actually click inside the app text field: in this case, it's the app itself that calls the keyboard up, and it does listen for your typing.
    So, before 'deleting and reinstalling everything', just try this first: when in 'keyboard trouble', just click in the text you were typing. This will wake the app and tell it you want to type, and in principle the keyboard should not only activate, but turn 'listened'.
    02-16-13 04:39 AM
    before deleting everything on the tablet, my advice would be to check you are not just "losing focus" in the app when typing.
    My experience is, the swipe command to show or mask the keyboard is completely independent from the app. So, for instance, there will be applications with text fields where you can raise the keyboard even though no text field is in focus: in such a case, whatever you type, nothing will happen in the app, because no field is selected.
    Indeed the best way to get an 'active' keyboard is just not to 'swipe it up' but to actually click inside the app text field: in this case, it's the app itself that calls the keyboard up, and it does listen for your typing.
    So, before 'deleting and reinstalling everything', just try this first: when in 'keyboard trouble', just click in the text you were typing. This will wake the app and tell it you want to type, and in principle the keyboard should not only activate, but turn 'listened'.
    Hey Herve,
    I click on the browser address bar, it types for about 3 letters then stops, if i click the address bar again it still does the same thing until I either close the app or swipe down the keyboard a bunch of times until it resets.
    i think a reset is gonna be the only thing that resolves it at this point.
    02-26-13 03:50 PM
    Search CCleaner in Google. Also, one thing I didn't mention was that the browser tends to lag on start up. I try entering the www., and nothing happens, so I click elsewhere and then back on the address bar- voila! Everything's fine.
    02-26-13 04:40 PM
    Search CCleaner in Google. Also, one thing I didn't mention was that the browser tends to lag on start up. I try entering the www., and nothing happens, so I click elsewhere and then back on the address bar- voila! Everything's fine.
    this sounds like the issue im having, except it doesnt work even when i click back on the address bar, i have to close the browser and re open for it to work.
    02-26-13 05:10 PM
    The biggest thing I am looking forward to with BB10 is the updated keyboard. It won't have the heat map, but it will probably be a much more responsive keyboard input wise than what we've got now.
    02-26-13 05:13 PM