Hi,

I got a free Playbook 64GB with my Z10 phone (which got stolen!)

I was not really looking for a tablet but it's not bad for a freebie.

My problem is music. I've got my iTunes on my netbook, and I managed (eventually) to copy all of this over and apart from one album, it all copied over and plays just fine.

My problem is, despite all of the albums having artwork on my iTunes, some have copied over without it? How can I rectify this?

There does not seem to be any menu on the music player on the playbook to edit anything?

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help, I'm not exactly hot at all this stuff as you can tell!

James
    x
    07-09-13 06:39 AM
    Hi James,

Welcome!

I had a similar problem, and though someone will probab;ly be along soon with a better answer, I managed to sort out my album artwork with the Blackberry Desktop Manager (or whatever it's called) that provides a connection from your Playbook to your laptop/PC. I'm sure there was an option to import music from iTunes, and that seemed to sort nearly all of it out automatically.

Good Luck,

Chris.

EDIT: Hmm, just read your post again, and I see you have a netbook, not a full-blown laptop. Not sure if Blackberrry Desktop Manager will work(??). If it doesn't, you'll have to wait for someone cleverer than me...
    jameshall likes this.
    07-09-13 06:50 AM
    I don't think there is an easy way to do this. For me, it was all the CD's that I imported into iTunes that did not have album covers. Everything purchased from iTunes was fine.

The solution I used (takes some time mind you) is to Google search the album artwork for a specific album and save the .jpg as "folder.jpg" in the folder of the specific album. This got the artwork displayed on both my Z10 and my PlayBook. For me, I don't have a huge amount of albums missing artwork, so the time doing this isn't too bad for me. Might be very different for others.

Posted via CB10
    duggar62 and jameshall like this.
    07-09-13 08:25 AM
    Try Neutron Player, it has a function that goes out and gets the artwork if it is out on the web.

C
    jameshall likes this.
    07-09-13 08:36 AM
    Try Neutron Player, it has a function that goes out and gets the artwork if it is out on the web.

C
    Mind my asking - do you still think that Neutron is worth the $5.00??? Thanks in advance? How is it with creating and using playlists?
    07-09-13 09:20 AM
    Mind my asking - do you still think that Neutron is worth the $5.00??? Thanks in advance? How is it with creating and using playlists?
    Neutron is great for the equalizer. I've heard many audiophiles say the app is great. I own it but I wouldn't call myself an audiophile. If I hooked up to better speakers I would likely use it exclusively. I originally got it for the gapless playback. The nice thing, 1 purchase will get you the PlayBook and the BB10 versions.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-13 09:33 AM
    I use it almost every day. I have 2 64 units, one is work, and the other is "connected" to my AV system. By connected I mean the BB Music Gateway. I come home and fire up my system, and either using my hand or my Torch 9850 as a remote, EVERY cd I own (in WMA Lossless) plays fine, gives good range, and I highly recommend it. It does take a bit to get use to the GUI screens, but once you are comfortable, you won't go back. The only thing I wish they would do is to add 3 more "sliders" for the Eq. so you can tweak the audio a little more accuratly.
    GO FOR IT!!!!!!

C
    Last edited by Carl Estes; 07-09-13 at 09:39 AM. Reason: spelling
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-13 09:38 AM
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but why isn't my music bought on my Z-10 and my PlayBook not syncing to one another?? I was under the impression 7Digital was running the music store in both platforms? This is very bothersome to say the least?? There must be a way to sync the music??
    07-09-13 10:18 AM
    iTunes artwork is not embedded in the music file (i.e., MP3) so when you move it elsewhere or access it from another music player the album art will not carry over.

What you can do is use software like Media Monkey (trial version if you don't want to buy it) to add the album art as meta data and this way no matter what player or where you move your music to the album art will follow.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-13 07:23 PM
    Hup55,

I have 7Digital on my pc, android devices and Blackberry Playbook. Any music I buy can be played on all of them but they don't sync automatically. Even though I only pay once, I still have to download the music on each device separately.

.....M
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-13 08:58 PM
    Hup55,

I have 7Digital on my pc, android devices and Blackberry Playbook. Any music I buy can be played on all of them but they don't sync automatically. Even though I only pay once, I still have to download the music on each device separately.

.....M
    Thanks. I guess my question is how do I get what I bought on my PlayBook onto my Z-10 and vise versa? I see no options to do this?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 09:47 PM
    Thanks. I guess my question is how do I get what I bought on my PlayBook onto my Z-10 and vise versa? I see no options to do this?

Posted via CB10
    Transfer the tunes from your PB to your computer, and then transfer them from your computer to your Z10.
    07-10-13 12:03 AM
    Mp3tag is and excellent program which allows up to edit the data in the tag's of the files directly on the Playbook if its connected to a PC via USB.

It is worth knowing Album Art Info can be included in folder with the music file as a JPG file or added into the tag data, which also contains info on the Artist, Album etc. Personally I use Mp3tag to ensure all my Music is tagged correctly and in the same manner. However, in my experience, missing Album Art on some file like this is normally a sign that the method it is achieved with in iTunes is different to the tracks which work correctly
    07-10-13 04:42 AM
    iTunes artwork is not embedded in the music file (i.e., MP3) so when you move it elsewhere or access it from another music player the album art will not carry over.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, you can embed artwork (and lyrics) via Itunes. Right click ( on a computer) on the track in question, a menu comes up goto edit info. From there you can add artwork, lyrics and comments into the mp3. I've done this and it removes the need for separate folder jpg's and looks okay on the standard PlayBook music player ( and of course on a ipod, phone etc
    FF22 likes this.
    07-10-13 05:12 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately that all seems a bit beyond my capabilities. I don't understand why some have copied over and some have not? They were all done the same way via iTunes so the files should all be the same.

Also, weirdly, I deleted all the music from the playbook and copied it over again. This time I got a few more covers displayed and some which were there previously have now gone!!!

Can't seem to find this "sync with iTunes thing" but that sounds worth a go!

Thanks guys!

James
    x
    07-13-13 08:05 AM
    Actually, you can embed artwork (and lyrics) via Itunes. Right click ( on a computer) on the track in question, a menu comes up goto edit info. From there you can add artwork, lyrics and comments into the mp3. I've done this and it removes the need for separate folder jpg's and looks okay on the standard PlayBook music player ( and of course on a ipod, phone etc
    Yeah, I did that for the few albums the iTunes could not find the cover art for, but they have not copied over to the playbook. All my albums have artwork on iTunes, but only some have copied over for some reason. The missing ones are also a combination of ones where I had to do it myself and also ones that iTunes found itself without issue. ?????
    07-13-13 08:35 AM
    So, I've bought an app called "sync my iTunes" by Runisoft for �1.50.

Installed on playbook, installed on PC.

Getting a message on my pc saying that I need to "Click on configure wired connection button on your device and refresh when done"

What ARE they talking about? Why can these things not just work!

I'm rubbish on computers but I'm not normally this bad!

James
    x
    07-13-13 10:34 AM
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but why isn't my music bought on my Z-10 and my PlayBook not syncing to one another?? I was under the impression 7Digital was running the music store in both platforms? This is very bothersome to say the least?? There must be a way to sync the music??
    Hi there Hup55,

I saw your post and wanted to just clear up any confusion.

7digital provides the content for the BlackBerry World Music Store, we do not 'run it' so to speak, as we don't handle billing and all accounts created via the BlackBerry Z10 are external. There are currently no plans to merge the two services.

For further support regarding BlackBerry World, please visit - http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...erables/50447/ and select 'No' where it asks 'Did this help you?'.

However, in case you didn't know, we do offer a fantastic 7digital Blackberry app BlackBerry World - 7digital Music Store that allows you to browse the latest charts, preview the latest tracks and discover, purchase and download high quality, DRM-free MP3 music directly to your phone. It also offers headset, speaker and Bluetooth audio streaming support.

If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to follow and tweet me @7digitalHelp

Thanks,
    Adele.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-16-13 05:23 AM