I was downloading games on my playbook. When I was done I started sorting them and grouping them into game types, when I made a mistake and put some games in the wrong folder. So I tried to figure out how to get them from one folder to the next by bringing the folder in question down from the upper tier down and then opening it and work from there.
    Well I brought all the folders down and when I tried moving them back up they just disappeared??? One after another so I stopped as soon as I new of wasn't moving them to much. Thats when warnings up in the left corner saying some mumbo jumbo...
    Well I now can't find the original browser that came with it? And it was my only way to get to YouTube and google I don't want to use a different browser I just want the original one back...
    If I have to I'll do a reset but I'd rather figure out what I did and how to fix it....
    Thanks
    01-08-14 05:54 AM
    I was downloading games on my playbook. When I was done I started sorting them and grouping them into game types, when I made a mistake and put some games in the wrong folder. So I tried to figure out how to get them from one folder to the next by bringing the folder in question down from the upper tier down and then opening it and work from there.
    Well I brought all the folders down and when I tried moving them back up they just disappeared??? One after another so I stopped as soon as I new of wasn't moving them to much. Thats when warnings up in the left corner saying some mumbo jumbo...
    Well I now can't find the original browser that came with it? And it was my only way to get to YouTube and google I don't want to use a different browser I just want the original one back...
    If I have to I'll do a reset but I'd rather figure out what I did and how to fix it....
    Thanks
    Hi. You will need to move everything to the top. They will all disappear. Reboot and all should be back. Never leave the top empty on the pb.
    dazzleaj, Diazaman and Carl Estes like this.
    01-08-14 06:18 AM
    Hi. You will need to move everything to the top. They will all disappear. Reboot and all should be back. Never leave the top empty on the pb.
    Thanks so much, I gotta say I was a bit leery to say the least, but I did just as you said...

At first I was afraid I'd lost everything, cuz it looked like a factory reset, until I saw all my downloads, out of their folders, but back home safe and sound.....

I'm kinda glad it happened now, cuz I can re-organize my apps now...

Kudos to you, and if I missed a thank you button, let me know where it is and I'll gladly push it ...
    Maybe a couple of times...lol
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-14 01:25 PM
    Thanks so much, I gotta say I was a bit leery to say the least, but I did just as you said...

At first I was afraid I'd lost everything, cuz it looked like a factory reset, until I saw all my downloads, out of their folders, but back home safe and sound.....

I'm kinda glad it happened now, cuz I can re-organize my apps now...

Kudos to you, and if I missed a thank you button, let me know where it is and I'll gladly push it ...
    Maybe a couple of times...lol
    Great. I was going by memory so I was hoping I remembered right. Glad it's all sorted now.
    Diazaman likes this.
    01-08-14 06:40 PM
    HA...I found the thanks button, as you can see......lol
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-14 10:31 PM
    What do you mean by 'the top' please. thx
    01-09-14 08:13 PM
    What do you mean by 'the top' please. thx
    Believe he means what is called the dock. See under HELP: getting started/personalizing your home screen.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-09-14 08:57 PM
    Believe he means what is called the dock. See under HELP: getting started/personalizing your home screen.
    Correct. At the time I couldn't think of dock.
    01-10-14 06:51 AM
    Correct. At the time I couldn't think of dock.
    You really don't want to mess with the dock to much, it can cause issues. I tried my hand at "housekeeping" with the PB, and moved all sorts of stuff out of the dock and my stuff in the dock. PB got wonky.

I've since left the dock as stock and move all around everywhere else.

C
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-10-14 08:59 AM
    You really don't want to mess with the dock to much, it can cause issues. I tried my hand at "housekeeping" with the PB, and moved all sorts of stuff out of the dock and my stuff in the dock. PB got wonky.

I've since left the dock as stock and move all around everywhere else.

C
    the best way i've found when customizing the "dock" is to move 1 app/folder @ a time,,, don't do it in groups,,, i have most of my stuff in folders just to keep things tidy,,, everything is on 1 page...

Attachment 237705

Attachment 237707
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-11-14 07:28 AM
    I am trying to remember from way back when............

I think there was also a proviso never to move ALL or ONLY folders to the dock. Something about a very long boot where it looks as if the playbook is totally locked up. But that was a while ago??????????????????
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-11-14 11:23 AM
    I am trying to remember from way back when............

I think there was also a proviso never to move ALL or ONLY folders to the dock. Something about a very long boot where it looks as if the playbook is totally locked up. But that was a while ago??????????????????
    could be,,, it might've been in the early os's,,, i don't recall ever having *only* folders up there, but i could've @ some point, so i dunno...
    01-11-14 12:34 PM
    That was the problem then, I had everything in the dock put into folders....
    Won't do that again!
    01-14-14 02:14 PM
    I have five folders on th dock but I leave the six slot open. I use it to move an app or bookmark to when I want to move said material to another pane. Boot from shutoff is slow (isn't it always) but I seldom do a reboot mainly going into standby.
    Diazaman likes this.
    01-14-14 02:23 PM
    Your are right about the time it takes to reboot, it takes a while, but now that you mention it, when I had e'ry thing in the dock all in folders, it took days to load....lol
    01-14-14 03:16 PM
    the best way i've found when customizing the "dock" is to move 1 app/folder @ a time,,, don't do it in groups,,, i have most of my stuff in folders just to keep things tidy,,, everything is on 1 page...

Attachment 237705

Attachment 237707
    Cool WP!!!

c
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-14-14 03:36 PM
    Cool WP!!!

c
    thanks,,, i make 'em,,, beman39 got me into it,,, 3 yrs of high school art classes finally able to be put to use,,, ,,, i had a thread dedicated to 'em, but occasionally i'll get p!ssed @ cb & yank 'em,,, i'll still post some once in a while for a limited time, (usually 12-24 hrs), or if you end up on my happy list, you might get one in your inbox,,, ,,, i tried to get some help selling them in 5 pc. packs, (i've got 50+ in my catalog), on bbworld, but never got anywhere...
    01-15-14 11:41 AM
    It's not the shut down I dread, it's the reboot! Damn thing seems to take an hour to start...lol
    06-18-14 10:57 PM