Good day to all!

I've installed the Kindle app on my Playbook, it works fine, but I'm facing a problem :S

I have ALOT of Kindle e-books on my laptop, but I don't know how to transfer them into the Kindle app on my PB!

so PLEASE I need guidance & help!

ThanX for all ur time
    07-01-12 12:31 PM
    I'm unsure how the android player handles files on the pb. But can't you just drag and drop them?
    07-01-12 12:44 PM
    I go to my amazon account on laptop, digital orders,.kindle, actions, send to. Might be an easier way.
    07-01-12 12:44 PM
    I do not have a PlayBook but I do have a Kindle. I also have Kindle apps on my PC and on my BlackBerry.

There are really two types of books that I have on my Kindle. There are those that I bought from Amazon and those that I have converted myself. PDFs and whatnot.

To sync the Amazon content, I simply registered my BlackBerry and my PC with Amazon. Amazon syncs all threee devices to the current page upon request.

For non-Amazon content I simply copy content from my PC based folder called "My Kindle Content" by the PC Kindle app to the BlackBerry folder that the BlackBerry Amazon app created.

I can also copy ALL my Kindle device to the PC. It then gets copied tot eh BlackBerry when I sync.

Maybe you can do this on your PlayBook once you locate the correct folder.
    07-01-12 12:54 PM
    Let me ask another question: are these books you purchased but load on your computer for reading? Or are they already stripped of drm (encryption) and you use them on your computer?

If they are purchased, you should be able to use the pb kindle app and go to your archive and download them to the pb.

Otherwise, if you have somehow acquired them and just use them on your computer, you should be able to copy them to the pb. I copied them to

\\192.168.1.164\media\misc\android\kindle

which is my pb's ip address and then the proper folder.
    07-01-12 01:25 PM
    Let me ask another question: are these books you purchased but load on your computer for reading? Or are they already stripped of drm (encryption) and you use them on your computer?

If they are purchased, you should be able to use the pb kindle app and go to your archive and download them to the pb.

Otherwise, if you have somehow acquired them and just use them on your computer, you should be able to copy them to the pb. I copied them to

\\192.168.1.164\media\misc\android\kindle

which is my pb's ip address and then the proper folder.
    So F2, are you saying I can download books from Amazon.com and can download and read them on my PB? I tried that awhile ago and it didn't work. I'm definitely going to try this again based on your answer. Thanks in advance.
    07-01-12 04:34 PM
    I have not run the kindle app in a while but when I did, I was able to see my archive ON AMAZON on the pb and was able to download the ones I wanted to the pb.

The Kindle version I've got is 3.2.0.35. And, yes, I just grabbed (accidentally) a book from my archives to the pb. I have not tried purchasing from the pb.
    07-01-12 05:45 PM
    If you have those books downloaded in .mobi format, just copy and paste them to folder misc/Android/kindle on your PlayBook, they will appear in the Kindle app after a few seconds.
    07-01-12 08:26 PM
    Is th Kindle app different than Book Reader? And if so where can I purchace the Kindle app? Since I haven't seen in App World.
    07-01-12 09:13 PM
    It is an Android app and has to be sideloaded. It can be found at

http://goodereader.com/

Although I'm getting an error message there.
    07-01-12 10:05 PM
    It is an Android app and has to be sideloaded. It can be found at

http://goodereader.com/

Although I'm getting an error message there.
    07-01-12 10:06 PM
    As has been said, you need to sideload the app, if the one at goodereader doesn't work, then simply search for "kindle bar playbook" at google and I'm sure you'll find one.
    07-02-12 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD