so in my last thread (you can see it here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arging-790272/ )
    i mentioned about the charging problem as as i fololwed the instruction from dear @adadadad . i tried keeping overnight my pb for charge for 10 days,and it used to solve the problem for some time but after growing frustrated i decided to send it to the company as it was under warranty.so now after 15 days the customer care centre where i submitted my pb has called back saying the tablet has returned without repair and wont be repaired because of water damage (are ****in kidding me , seriously rim {my tab has never been placed anywhere near water fir the entire year}) . so now i am completely frustrated with this as my parents arent allowing me to buy a nexus 10 im gonna have to step up and am going to call the toll free company number . and if you can help me giving any methods by which i can myself get it back to working as normal plz i want your help guys
    04-25-13 07:25 AM
    Doesn't have to be direct water exposure, if you had it in a bathroom that was steamy or even outside in high humidity those could trigger the water damage sticker or cause corrosion that would indicate moisture exposure

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:34 AM
    I've build a charging circuit that automatically powers for 30 seconds, turns off for 5, then turns back on again. If you run out of options, I could try that for you for a few hours.
    04-25-13 07:47 AM
    Doesn't have to be direct water exposure, if you had it in a bathroom that was steamy or even outside in high humidity those could trigger the water damage sticker or cause corrosion that would indicate moisture exposure

Posted via CB10
    True and that sucks. Does that mean if you live in a humid climate you're never going to have any warranty because surely the humidity will trigger a water event on the pads? I would think if you live in a humid area anything that has them would be triggered.
    04-25-13 07:48 AM
    Did they say anything more specific than water damage? For example is the battery damaged, the USB port damaged, charging circuitry, etc. I think the only things that you could do yourself are security wipe/debrick, buying a rapid charger, maybe getting that battery guru app to see battery health/discharging characteristics. I would stay on BBRY and tell them this happened through normal usage and the complete discharge issue. They should know about that as they must have had a lot of returns on it. Did you ever activate the 90 day support?
    PlayBook Support - Contact Support - US

Some people have had luck with repairs if it takes your serial number. But again, if the water damage seal was activated, it might be hard. Maybe you can get a claim through your parents homeowner's insurance. Wouldn't hurt to ask.
    04-25-13 09:25 AM
    What is the PB doing now? Will it still turn on?
    04-25-13 10:30 AM
    Well my PB had charging problems, tried stack which worked but if i restarted i went back to 0%. So what I did few days go is give a light tap near the mini usb and it sprang back to life (this may or may not help). If its charging then maybe its a good idea to get the charging pod.
    04-26-13 05:08 AM
    You can try all of those methods but sooner or later its better to bite the bullet. I went through all this and ended up buying a new battery via ebay. $25.00 and a couple of hours work with the help of you tube videos on how to change the battery and i'm back in action as good as new. The system fired up exactly as it was when the battery died.
    It sucks that Rim doesn't offer a replacement battery service and that the unit is semi sealed, but it can be done.
    muzeek likes this.
    04-26-13 05:40 AM
    You can try all of those methods but sooner or later its better to bite the bullet. I went through all this and ended up buying a new battery via ebay. $25.00 and a couple of hours work with the help of you tube videos on how to change the battery and i'm back in action as good as new. The system fired up exactly as it was when the battery died.
    It sucks that Rim doesn't offer a replacement battery service and that the unit is semi sealed, but it can be done.
    That's good to know. But if moisture really was the problem, some other circuit might have been damaged and replacing the battery would not necessarily fix the problem.

But I agree with others, high natural weather humidity should not kill a device. Using it in a Steam Bath on the other hand probably would.
    04-26-13 08:54 AM
    ...the tablet has returned without repair and wont be repaired because of water damage...
    These tech guys are becoming smart in settling conclusively possible arguments...

Posted via Z10
    04-26-13 01:34 PM