Okay - I messed up and hope someone can help me. I installed the Android Player app mistakenly thinking I needed it to run ADK apps. However, as soon as I did that, all of the "bar" apps I had already installed stopped working so I then uninstalled the Android Player. Now, although the "bar" apps are still there, nothing happens when I click on them. Is there any solution to this?
    10-23-11 12:09 PM
    If you have OS2, I don't think you need to install android player, it should be on OS2 natively.
    10-23-11 12:39 PM
    If you have OS2, I don't think you need to install android player, it should be on OS2 natively.
    I know, but the problem is I did install it and once I did that, all the Android programs I installed stopped working. I thought uninstalling Android Player would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm wondering if there is any solution.
    10-23-11 12:46 PM
    I know, but the problem is I did install it and once I did that, all the Android programs I installed stopped working. I thought uninstalling Android Player would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm wondering if there is any solution.
    Several others have experienced similar problems, so you might try to search the forum for solutions. The bottom line is that you will need to restore the backup that you did prior to installing the beta (assuming that you followed the instructions RIM's site). If you really want to try again, you must request the beta again after restoring your device. I strongly suggest that you look in the stickies for potential solutions if you did not backup your PlayBook as recommended.
    10-23-11 12:59 PM
    I had the same issue. What worked for me was to re-register for the OS 2.0 Beta. Then I did a security Wipe and then checked for Updates. It installed 120MB of OS 2.0 files. I was then able to load and use my Andriod apps. I a in heaven now that I have Kindle Reader natively on my PB! I had an Os 2,0 Back up so I did a restore to get all my files back on the PB after the re-install of the OS 2.0.
    10-23-11 01:05 PM
    I had the same issue. What worked for me was to re-register for the OS 2.0 Beta. Then I did a security Wipe and then checked for Updates. It installed 120MB of OS 2.0 files. I was then able to load and use my Andriod apps. I a in heaven now that I have Kindle Reader natively on my PB! I had an Os 2,0 Back up so I did a restore to get all my files back on the PB after the re-install of the OS 2.0.
    Thanks! That's what I thought I may have to do, but I didn't want to until I heard from someone who went through it. I didn't do a backup (ugh!), but fortunately I don't have a lot on it so I'll just restore everything.
    10-23-11 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD