I downloaded a few movies to watch on my Playbook. They were acquired from torrents. Anyhow, I'd like to delete them now as they are taking up space. When I select the 'delete' options in the video menu on my playbook they disappear, but show up again after.

When I attempt to delete them while my Playbook is connected to my Mac it tells me that I cant because they are in use.

Can anyone tell me how to permanently delete them fro my Playbook? I have the new Desktop Manager for Mac loaded but can't figure out how to delete files from there.

Please help, its driving me crazy. Thanks!
    milo53 likes this.
    07-08-11 08:22 AM
    Try using File Manager apps like Air Browser.
    And if you copy your movies by auto sync, make sure you tick out the files or turn off auto sync for media in DM.
    07-08-11 08:43 AM
    I tried that and it seems the Air Browser app doesnt even recognize the movie files. I called BB Support and we found that I had to re-add the movies to my playbook, when Im prompted to "replace existing file" press ok and then cancel while its uploading. This actually erases the m4v. from my playbook.

I use a Mac and although the DM recognizes the Playbook, I was unable to this via DM. Weird work around but it worked.
    07-08-11 05:07 PM
    I use either the AIR Browser app or I have the "Wifi Sharing" set to on and just access the PB and delete the movies that way.
    07-08-11 05:15 PM
    In the Video app, I swipe down from the top and hit the 'Edit' button.

Once I do that, I can check a video and the Delete trash can icon lights up and I can delete with that button.
    07-08-11 08:22 PM
    On my PC there is my computer, it list all the drives. Try this and open up the playbook and you will see a video folder, all of your movies should be there. Hope this may help.
    07-09-11 11:17 AM
    i do that too but the movie just comes back??
    snowman83 likes this.
    09-04-11 08:38 PM
    the problem is that the playbook is not comfortable with big videos (2 gb and above) i THINK its a os problem i hope it will be fix in the os 2 update. you got to delete the videos from a pc until this problem is fix
    09-05-11 01:45 PM
    You really should be able to delete videos from the pb... Ran into this while shooting vid in 1080i, filled up memory and then couldn't delete the duds.
    Hope this gets attention in the next upgrade.
    Funny that you can't delete from a Mac. Ironic.
    09-05-11 06:11 PM
    The videos are saved on the playbook (normally in the videos folder) bit the video app are one of those explorer app cant delete it. The explorer apps don't even recognize that there is a file bigger that 2 gb saved there. If you go in your.browser and type file:///accounts/1000/shared/videos you will see that they are there. Sad that we cant delete.it from there. But you mac users did you try doing it via wifi sharing? I got linix and wifi sharing works like a charm and i can delete those 2g band above files (via wifi sharing)
    Last edited by kevinchi; 09-05-11 at 07:20 PM.
    09-05-11 07:14 PM
    Oh brother, I feel like an ***** now. I see the edit function and can delete my duds.
    Live and learn.
    09-05-11 08:46 PM
    That's 1D10T...
    09-05-11 08:54 PM
    i also download videos via web to my playbook and i downloaded the air browser. if you go to the videos file on the air browser you probably wont find your downloaded videos there but if you go to your downloads file, look for the file and there should be a small film icon and the mv4 file type, then from there you can delete it. it works for me hopefully it works for you.
    09-05-11 08:57 PM
    still there is a bug on the latest update. Deleting videos from the playbook using the edit button on the video app, the video "disappears" from the video app but stays on the pb, only way of deleting is as mentioned above via a file browser or connecting to a computer.

Note: it doesn't only happen with files over 2gb and above, yesterday it happened to me when deleting 2 700mb rips
    09-05-11 09:09 PM
    BaconMunch is absolutely correct... it's intuitively easy to delete videos from the PlayBook... seems too many people try to complicate things.
    Open the Video APP screen and you'll be able to tap tick-marks into boxes below each video and, when you do, the trash can icon lights up and you just tap on that... you're asked if you want to delete them and you then selection yes and they're trashed... simple... couldn't be simpler...
    02-19-12 09:48 AM
    And what if the videos you want to delete are not there?I have a few flv that show in my local media player but not in the video app the playbook came with...i really want to get rid of them..do I have to connect to my comp for that or can I do it directly on my playbook? Help!!!
    02-13-13 11:43 AM
    And what if the videos you want to delete are not there?I have a few flv that show in my local media player but not in the video app the playbook came with...i really want to get rid of them..do I have to connect to my comp for that or can I do it directly on my playbook? Help!!!
    They don't show up in the Videos app because Videos doesn't support flv files. To delete them, install Air Browser or Ghost Commander from app world. You'll be able to delete them with either of these apps.
    02-13-13 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD