Hi folks. I need a little help with my Playbook and Google Apps calendar.

Basically, I need to be able to see my calendar when my phone is off. I am often in an area where my phone has to be off because it makes poorly shielded sound systems buzz. My phone is a 9900 and I do use bridge, but turning off all of the radios other than bluetooth every time I step up to the mic is impractical and risky.

I have tried setting my playbook up with the default Gmail account setup and exchange activesync and both work for email and contacts, but I have yet to see a single Google calendar entry on the playbook, though Facebook calendar entries are showing up a date the account settings for the Google account include syncing calendar. I also checked and the Google account is set to display.

I have the latest updates installed as of a couple of days ago. Everything syncs fine on my android phone and tablet. And my 9900 receives all calendar updates as well.

What am I missing?
    12-16-12 08:23 AM
    I am sorry I don't know more but there is are a few ongoing discussions of Google turning off some features for phones other than i-phones and android devices. These threads on in the 9900/9930 forum and maybe elsewhere on the board.

Someone else may have more info to add here, as well.
    12-16-12 09:53 AM
    So I can say that Google Calendars do work (including off-line). I have 4 different ones. I do sync through wifi rather than a bridge so not sure if that's different or not.
    Realize that unless you go through a few hoops you will only get the PRIMARY calendar, so if you added others but nothing on the primary that would be why there is nothing to show up.
    Also make sure you have PUSH turned on in the advanced settings.
    Beyond that, have you tried deleting the Gmail account and recreating it? I seem to remember having some similar issues when first getting mine set-up and unfortunately I can't remember what the solution was.
    12-16-12 11:47 AM