Hi there.

Really stuck here,

did a secure erase, blackberry rebooted and started to download version 2.0.0.4869.

I thought it got to the end and finished, and started to reboot, but to my my suprise, when it rebooted again, t now says

Retry download.

'An internet connection is unavaliable'

and the instruction to tap wifi to change settings or retry now.

BUT

I only have the options to 'Turn off' or 'Retry'

Retry just says there is no internet, turn off just turns it off.

I have no way of checking or changing the internet settings!??!?!

If i reboot, or try and hard reboot (+, - and power for 15), it comes up as the same, as it still tries to finish updating!

HELP, is it bricked?

update 1: I can bring up the keyboard by swiping from the corner, is there a similar shortcut to get to wifi settings?

update 2: Its now below 20 %, saying it cant update until it gets above 20 % power, im hoping that will make it start the download again
    Last edited by tenof26; 11-27-11 at 08:38 AM.
    11-27-11 08:28 AM
    Could the blackberry update servers be down?
    11-27-11 08:58 AM
    once I could swipe away from the setup screen and the main menu turned up. So start swiping like crazy!
    11-27-11 11:47 AM
    To upgrade your BlackBerry PlayBook to the latest internal version of the BlackBerry Tablet OS, do the following:

Step 1: Connect your PlayBook to your PC via MicroUSB cable and open Desktop Manager
    Step 2: Backup your PlayBook! This install process is a CLEAN WIPE. You'll lose all data.
    Step 3: Within Desktop Manager, hit Device > Update on the menu.
    Step 4: No Update will be found. Just hit ok and go back to Desktop Manager homescreen.

4a. Turn off the pb. The following steps need the POWER OFF.
    Step 5. From there, while still plugged in, Restart your PlayBook using the power button app.
    Step 6. A new popup window will appear giving you some options. Hit Update.
    Step 7: Let that baby update and you'll be on the latest software. Warning: it takes a while!
    11-27-11 11:57 AM
    I had the same issue. Exactly the same issue, when I went the DM route, I had to connect and reboot three times before I got anywhere. ultimately I was downgraded to the newest 1.0.8 OS. Thinking about whether to jump back up to 2.0 again. I probably will since I have a lot of good productivity with 2.0. I do see a lot of time spent on this process however. Good luck OP, I'm not to happy to see I wasn't alone in the experience.
    11-27-11 02:18 PM
    Hi there.

Really stuck here,

did a secure erase, blackberry rebooted and started to download version 2.0.0.4869.

I thought it got to the end and finished, and started to reboot, but to my my suprise, when it rebooted again, t now says

Retry download.

'An internet connection is unavaliable'

and the instruction to tap wifi to change settings or retry now.

BUT

I only have the options to 'Turn off' or 'Retry'

Retry just says there is no internet, turn off just turns it off.

I have no way of checking or changing the internet settings!??!?!

If i reboot, or try and hard reboot (+, - and power for 15), it comes up as the same, as it still tries to finish updating!

HELP, is it bricked?

update 1: I can bring up the keyboard by swiping from the corner, is there a similar shortcut to get to wifi settings?

update 2: Its now below 20 %, saying it cant update until it gets above 20 % power, im hoping that will make it start the download again
    do the dm update. you're not supposed to do a device wipe on the device on the beta os.
    11-27-11 02:19 PM
    To upgrade your BlackBerry PlayBook to the latest internal version of the BlackBerry Tablet OS, do the following:

Step 1: Connect your PlayBook to your PC via MicroUSB cable and open Desktop Manager
    Step 2: Backup your PlayBook! This install process is a CLEAN WIPE. You'll lose all data.
    Step 3: Within Desktop Manager, hit Device > Update on the menu.
    Step 4: No Update will be found. Just hit ok and go back to Desktop Manager homescreen.

4a. Turn off the pb. The following steps need the POWER OFF.
    Step 5. From there, while still plugged in, Restart your PlayBook using the power button app.
    Step 6. A new popup window will appear giving you some options. Hit Update.
    Step 7: Let that baby update and you'll be on the latest software. Warning: it takes a while!
    This should resolve the problem, make sure you do it 24 hours after installing OS 2 though
    11-27-11 02:25 PM
    Hours of waiting and trying, the Desktop manager route got it up and running !

Thank you so much for your help all, now to get back to trying out android apps !

Thanks you all so much again.

(now i know not to do a clean wipe again !)
    11-27-11 03:06 PM
    I'll strongly recommand upgrading with BB DManager only ...
    It avoids a possible "stuck in between" problem. Moreover, it handles by default a backup ...
    11-27-11 03:53 PM
    Can we upgrade to 2.0 using BBDmanager out of curiosity?

I signed up for a pin, but checking for updates on it didnt seem to find any.
    11-27-11 04:50 PM
    Hi bro...need your help on the same issue. So I have to wait after 24 hours then only can restore OS on DM? Please BBM me at 500F2C0A.
    12-09-11 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD