Hi I am planning to sell my playbook(need the money and just
    Dont use it enough). Do I have to do a security wipe so I can delete my bbid so
    I can give it to the new person? If so will all the icons be there so the new owner can see it works? Please advise, I have no idea how to do this,
    Thanks!
    04-23-13 07:31 PM
    I would show it to the new person working as you have now, and then perform a security wipe after the money exchange.

This way the new user has the same out of the box experience you did, and can set it up they way they like it
    04-23-13 07:34 PM
    thanks! But how easy is it to do (security wipe) and can I screw something up? I don't want to look like an ***** with the new potential owner standing there. For those who sold their playbook, what did you do? is there another way to get all personal stuff off the playbook without the wipe?
    04-24-13 07:44 AM
    thanks! But how easy is it to do (security wipe) and can I screw something up? I don't want to look like an ***** with the new potential owner standing there. For those who sold their playbook, what did you do? is there another way to get all personal stuff off the playbook without the wipe?
    A security wipe is the only way to remove all your data. If you want the PlayBook to be just like it came out of the box new, you need to do a security wipe and a debrick after. A security wipe would be the easiest to do if selling in person. You just select security wipe and type BlackBerry in the box and let it wipe. Make sure you have a fully charged battery when you do this, as it takes a few minutes. The new owner will need wifi to set it up with their BBID, so if they want to do it while you are there, meet where there is wifi and test the wifi before security wiping.
    lovinbrandy likes this.
    04-24-13 07:56 AM
    A security wipe is the only way to remove all your data. If you want the PlayBook to be just like it came out of the box new, you need to do a security wipe and a debrick after. A security wipe would be the easiest to do if selling in person. You just select security wipe and type BlackBerry in the box and let it wipe. Make sure you have a fully charged battery when you do this, as it takes a few minutes. The new owner will need wifi to set it up with their BBID, so if they want to do it while you are there, meet where there is wifi and test the wifi before security wiping.
    The seller could even suggest the purchaser create a bbid before hand. I believe anyone can do it without owning a bb unit??????
    04-24-13 09:11 AM
    So I watched a video on how to do a security wipe right here on the crackberry! Very helpful, it looks quite easy to do. I am getting quite a bit of money for it (32gb) so thats good.
    04-25-13 04:53 PM