When I plug/ in my playbook with the USB, the computer doesnt find the hard drive of the Playbook. I went to 'My Computer' and its not there... I went ot the blackberry device manager and it does find my Playbook but whenever I try to open the volume Z it says location is not available.
    06-09-12 02:26 AM
    I had this same problem with Vista. Win 7 and XP see my PB as Z drive.
    06-09-12 04:55 AM
    What version of dm? PB official or beta?
    06-09-12 05:02 AM
    What version of dm? PB official or beta?
    And what version of PB OS ? UPDATE YOUR PROFILE

Three methods :

Prerequisites : Enable file/wifi sharing in settings/ storage and share

1. I.P
    Look into Settings/About in the Network (dropdown) your IP address.
    On your desktop, type it (with http:// before) in a browser window (or just type it in Start/"find" for windows computers)

2. Mounted drive with Device manager (embedded in Desktop Manager)
    When you plug your PB, the device manager should start (notification icon = small grey computer), ask for PW (if any) and then state that a drive has been mounted.
    => IF OS 2.0 + you'll probably have to install new drivers for the PB. Un-installing then re-installing the Desktop Manager (use latest version : BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com) can help.

3. With latest DM version (not sure for macs), you have now a simple drag and drop interface to easily manage files.

Use the one you prefer !

P.S: #1 offers the ability to mount a network permanent drive (if your PB is in wifi range and your PC on the same network).

Hope it helps
    jafobabe and Carl Estes like this.
    06-09-12 07:19 AM
    The thing is it wsasnt doing that a few weeks ago.. I didnt change anything in my computer nor my PB
    06-09-12 04:01 PM
    I have the same problem on my win 7 laptop. It started several weeks ago. No idea why. Also unable to backup, read files, etc. Works alright on my old win vista laptop. Unfortunately, I don't have the hard drive space on it to backup my 64 gig PB.
    06-10-12 12:11 AM
    My computer can see the Playbook when I first boot them both. A short time later though, the computer will no longer see the Playbook, forcing me to reboot. Sucks.
    02-19-13 09:16 PM
    Turn off your wifi or put the pb in airplane mode. Had the same problem and BlackBerry tech support told me to do this.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:22 PM
    i never had this problem until i downloaded the new PB OS update... anyone else finding that it just doesnt appear in my computer??
    10-27-13 11:13 AM
    i never had this problem until i downloaded the new PB OS update... anyone else finding that it just doesnt appear in my computer??
    restart pc,,, connect pb via usb & let it reinstall drivers,,, here, use this, too---> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/
    Carl Estes and adougl26 like this.
    10-28-13 01:36 AM
    great stuff thank you, i will try this now
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-04-13 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD