After having problem with the PB browser, I decided to wipe the device completely.
    This is what I did:
    *Complete back up with Blackberry Desktop.
    *Wipe the device, and once the device was on again (after the wipe) I was told that there is an update, I approved the update.

Now that my device is up and running, I would like to restore my data. I opened Blackberry desktop, and my device is shown on the screen,and the file I would like to restore is shown as well, but when I chose restore, The process starts and then stop at around 400kb (the file is 320 mega) and than I keep receiving message "�There was error restoring � There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected.�

I don't seems to find online solution for that, and according to RIM (I called them) there is nothing I can do. REALLY?!?!
    Wasn't the whole point of creating a backup is to be able to restore the file when I need it? Again, I do have the file shown on my computer, it is just the Blackberry Desktop will not restore my device.

Please help!!!
    10-05-12 04:01 PM
    I'm having the same problem. @BlackBerryHelp DMed me today on Twitter, if they can help me I'll let you know.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-05-12 11:07 PM
    Thank you so much! it is so frustrating to know that the backup file is stored in my computer, but I can't use it to restore the playbook.
    10-06-12 12:00 AM
    Out of curiosity, what are you trying to restore on?
    I'm wondering if the underpowered usb ports on my laptop might be the cause, if you're using a desktop or a powered usb port I can rule that out.
    10-06-12 12:11 AM
    I am using my Desktop with power usb. After doing some research, it looks like the Desktop Manager does not recognize my update device as the same device that the backup was create from.
    It is like my new device and the "old" one (old= same device before the update) are using a different Blackberry ID, which is not true, as I have only one Blackberry user ID that I have been using for years.

10-06-12 11:24 AM
    Would it be worth re-wiping, declining the update, restoring with the backup, and then doing the update? Perhaps that would work.
    10-06-12 12:00 PM
    Would it be worth re-wiping, declining the update, restoring with the backup, and then doing the update? Perhaps that would work.
    Maybe for the OP, but I was having the same problem trying to restore from 2.1.0.840 to 2.1.0.840.
    10-06-12 12:21 PM
    I had a similar issue on my PlayBook.

It turns out that I had two different BlackBerry IDs. I had used one ID when I made the backup, and mistakenly used the other ID when trying to do the restore.

Once I loaded the 2.1 OS and used the correct BlackBerry ID, the restore went off without a hitch - got my 'Birds scores back, plus all that trivial stuff like names, addresses, photos, movies, etc.
    10-09-12 12:25 PM