Hi all

I am I hoping that there is a solution to my problem.

Since the update to OS 2 I can longer "save link as" video files from my playbook browser. Whenever I try it displays a .html file format instead of the .mp4 format it used to save in with OS 1.

For example the files on this site

Do-San - Learn your ITF Taekwondo Patterns here

Used to display "dan-gun.mp4" and i was able to download them to my PB but now display "dan-gun.html" when i try to "save link as"

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Thanks
    05-13-12 01:39 PM
    It is working for me, as always. I don't have any ideas what could be wrong, except the link you think is to a video is really to a web page. But have you trued restarting the PlayBook and then trying again?
    05-13-12 02:02 PM
    Hi all

Since the update to OS 2 I can longer "save link as" video files from my playbook browser. Whenever I try it displays a .html file format instead of the .mp4 format it used to save in with OS 1.

That's got nothing to do with the PB. If it's that way, it's because they changed their website around. If you want to download the videos on that site, since they're all YouTube vids, you can sideload TubeMate and use it to search for and download the vids from YouTube.
    05-13-12 02:14 PM
    I appreciate the input but I have restarted the PB and it hasnt helped. This is not the only site that this has done this on and the others are definitely not youtube based. The other her sites still allow me to download to my 9900 but it would be easier to just keep them on here.
    05-13-12 05:21 PM
    I'm sure it isn't the PlayBook. Can you save link on the following?

http://archive.org/download/ThePDThr..._The_Court.mp4
    05-13-12 05:25 PM
    But the links *are* html pages. The same thing happens on my PC.
    05-13-12 05:38 PM
    And that is what pacoman and I said. The save link as is working. The OP will see that with the link I posted.
    Last edited by aiharkness; 05-13-12 at 05:55 PM.
    05-13-12 05:52 PM
    Thanks for everyones help. Yes that link does work for me but like i said i have others that work on my pc and phone but not on my PB. This has been an issue since the update andi assumed it was the same with the link i posted. So apologises and thanks again.
    05-14-12 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD