I converted a book from pdf to epub format then downloaded it to my playbook. The book had the title and author as the name of the file, but when I opened it in Book Reader it has no title and no author. If books that are downloaded and opened in Book Rader don't have titles or authors, how am I to know which book is which? Is there a way in Book Reader to edit the name of the book and author's name?

Thanks.
    11-20-11 06:27 PM
    The title used to save the file (.epub) shows up in Book Reader. Did you import the ebook into the application? There is an icon for that very purpose.
    11-20-11 06:29 PM
    The title used to save the file (.epub) shows up in Book Reader. Did you import the ebook into the application? There is an icon for that very purpose.
    Yes I did this. When I searched for the book, it was found in "documents" and it had the title. It wasn't until I imported into the Book Reader application that the title and author disappeared. The title still shows up in "documents" on the original file.
    11-20-11 06:41 PM
    Most book readers use "metadata" from within the file to provide things like name/author/etc. They do not generally use the raw filename internally to the reader app. So you need to convert and make sure the metadata contains the info you want. It is kind of like mp3 tags that provide all of that info on a music file.
    11-20-11 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD