hello, i need advice from you guys... i bought my playbook on the 19 and my screen has lots of bad pixels. so i told the manager where i bought it that i needed a new one. after a few days i asked him what the update was since they had no 32gb. he then said, that he couldnt do anything and that i would have to send it to rim... this is 2-3 days after purchase... i then called rim and they said i shouldnt have any problems returning it. so now this guy is telling that he needs to contact his rim rep to find out the real return policy... wtf!!! soo... ya anyone have any advice to give me? (sorry typing on the PB).

thanks in advance!
    04-29-11 11:07 PM
    Return it for a full refund.

Buy elsewhere.
    04-29-11 11:08 PM
    I agree with narci. Return it, ask for your full refund and buy a new unit elsewhere.
    Their ability to take back the PB has nothing to do with RIM's return policy. If they still give ya any guff, then quote sections from the Quebec Consumer Protection Act
    04-29-11 11:16 PM
    BTW, don't give it to the retailer to send back to RIM, you'll never see it for weeks/months.
    04-29-11 11:21 PM
    hello, thanks for the replies. the problem is that the manager is refusing to refund or exchange the product stating that this is RIMs decision and that i must deal with them...

but yet i keep reading about people exchanging their device from stores all the.time...

i freaking out!!!
    04-30-11 11:37 AM
    where exactly did you buy the PB from? Everywhere pretty much has 14 days policy.
    04-30-11 11:44 AM
    If you bought it from a chain store you can return it to another store. My first playbook I bought it from a staples near my office then exchanged it from a staples near my house was no big deal they didn't hastle me at all. I would then fire off an email to the companies head office that's just poor customer service.
    04-30-11 11:51 AM
    you better hurry, most places have a 14 day return policy.
    04-30-11 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD