OK- so I'm not at all techy. I have had a horrible week in tech world however.
    I am a stay at home mom who just happens to love her Blackberry. I have a 9850 Torch- Monday my 4 year old decided to rinse it off. In the sink. And now its dead.
    Not to worry- I have a tablet- that my 9 year old had decided to watch me enter my unlock password on. Not so great considering we keep him on a tight rope with internet access and gaming. Out of complete frustration after my phone was destroyed on Monday evening I reset my unlock password. Yesterday I was attempting to log onto my pb and continued to enter the same password I have had since purchasing it. Obviously I was wrong. Now I am on my final attempt and can't for the life of me remember the new password.

I have searched and searched and so far cannot find any info besides my tablet will be wiped.

Like I said I am a stay at home mom and have PRECIOUS memories on my tablet. Including my daughter's first steps, first Christmas, etc. I am completely aware that I should have installed the device software and performed a back up. I have since attempted to and still need the password to do so. Sparing me any lectures-----is there anything I can do? I am considering breaking it open to try and remove the battery- would that reset the entry count? I am superbly desperate at this point and humbly bowing down to anyone's assistance! Thanks
    09-11-13 12:39 PM
    Unfortunately without pw, you are out of luck. This is another example why people say back up your sh*t

Q10 10.2.210
    09-11-13 12:42 PM
    Not so fast. You may not be out of luck. I can access my Playbook wirelessly from my PC without having to enter my password. You can try to do this and copy all of the files that you want to save before your Playbook wipes itself.
    09-11-13 12:48 PM
    OK- so I'm not at all techy. I have had a horrible week in tech world however.
    I am a stay at home mom who just happens to love her Blackberry. I have a 9850 Torch- Monday my 4 year old decided to rinse it off. In the sink. And now its dead.
    Not to worry- I have a tablet- that my 9 year old had decided to watch me enter my unlock password on. Not so great considering we keep him on a tight rope with internet access and gaming. Out of complete frustration after my phone was destroyed on Monday evening I reset my unlock password. Yesterday I was attempting to log onto my pb and continued to enter the same password I have had since purchasing it. Obviously I was wrong. Now I am on my final attempt and can't for the life of me remember the new password.

I have searched and searched and so far cannot find any info besides my tablet will be wiped.

Like I said I am a stay at home mom and have PRECIOUS memories on my tablet. Including my daughter's first steps, first Christmas, etc. I am completely aware that I should have installed the device software and performed a back up. I have since attempted to and still need the password to do so. Sparing me any lectures-----is there anything I can do? I am considering breaking it open to try and remove the battery- would that reset the entry count? I am superbly desperate at this point and humbly bowing down to anyone's assistance! Thanks
    This is going to be tough. Let me do a little digging.....If I find anything I will ping back.

c

c
    09-11-13 12:49 PM
    Not so fast. You may not be out of luck. I can access my Playbook wirelessly from my PC without having to enter my password. You can try to do this and copy all of the files that you want to save before your Playbook wipes itself.
    If this is true, this may be your rescue. Good Luck! I hope this works for you!

c
    09-11-13 12:50 PM
    Would that be through Bluetooth? I did download the software to attempt a backup- still asking for the password however. Normally I would try to access my data with bridge- but. my. phone. is . fried
    09-11-13 12:52 PM
    Surely you did not put in an entirely random password. Go sit down in a quiet room and try to think about it. Some association you were thinking about at the time? Some variation on a password you use for other things?
    09-11-13 12:56 PM
    Would that be through Bluetooth? I did download the software to attempt a backup- still asking for the password however. Normally I would try to access my data with bridge- but. my. phone. is . fried
    No. You'll have to access your PB though your networked PC, assuming you have one.
    09-11-13 12:56 PM
    No, not BT but Wifi.
    KB26068-How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    09-11-13 12:58 PM
    Try this: Thorsten Heins.

This is the key for all our problems.
    09-11-13 12:59 PM
    Try this: Thorsten Heins.

This is the key for all our problems.
    Was that really necessary?
    pragnesh89 and Carl Estes like this.
    09-11-13 01:05 PM
    thank you for the reply- part of the instructions say to use the ip address of the Playbook- can that be found any other way than looking it up on the playbook? Mainly because its locked.......
    09-11-13 01:06 PM
    thank you for the reply- part of the instructions say to use the ip address of the Playbook- can that be found any other way than looking it up on the playbook? Mainly because its locked.......
    Go here and download this file- https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0606085_908_664258045 Click on the downloaded file and then click "run".
    It will tell you the ip address of your PC. It'll probably be something like 192.168.0.100. Your Playbook's ip will probably be one or two numbers out from the last number, i.e., 192.168.0.101 or 192.168.0.102 Try using those.
    09-11-13 01:12 PM
    You can also use the command "ipconfig/all" if you can get to a command prompt. Let us know what version of Windows you are using. Sorry for being so techy.

Your router will be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. You can tell what your PC is and you will have to infer any other devices.
    09-11-13 01:17 PM
    before getting into all that, see if the playbook isn't already listed as a drive,,, i.e. playbook (3544324)Z: ,,, gain access that way...
    09-11-13 01:55 PM
    will it allow you to back up while in password mode??? try a plug into the pc...
    09-11-13 01:56 PM
    I'm not sure how it happened- but it showed up on my network map when I connected it through USB. I copied all of my videos and pictures to my PC. After I unplugged the USB it disappeared from my wireless map. Weird! Or completely normal- I have no idea Thank you so much!!!!!!! I am sure I replaced the password with a familiar one- but mom brain is unexplained sometimes

So- I am assuming it went into drive mode? I know that the BB software started up and I closed it. Then the Network map allowed access to my data. Going to let it swipe and I will reload what little apps I had on there. Thanks for holding my hand through this everyone! My advice is DO NOT use your last attempt! NOT ALL HOPE IS LOST!
    09-11-13 01:59 PM
    It wasn't listed as a drive, and Windows kept saying that it was attempting to install the driver software. My guess is it figured out the driver needed? No idea. Glad it worked though! Also the link posted for the wireless access also has USB directions to use the PB in drive mode. Hope someone can find this thread without losing everything.
    09-11-13 02:01 PM
    It wasn't listed as a drive, and Windows kept saying that it was attempting to install the driver software. My guess is it figured out the driver needed? No idea. Glad it worked though! Also the link posted for the wireless access also has USB directions to use the PB in drive mode. Hope someone can find this thread without losing everything.
    yes, if it hasn't been plugged into usb for a while, or you've restarted your pc, it'll usually have to reinstall drivers,,, should only take 10 sec+\-,,, not sure if this is the link you have, but it's a great 1,,, your pb could be in the basement, & if you've got a wifi connection, you can just drag & drop anything you want back & forth,,, make sure wifi sharing is on in playbook settings...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/
    09-11-13 02:09 PM
    Hehe, another case of going the complicated route vs. simple. I don't connect via USB; I always connect wirelessly. Glad you got your files off and it didn't ask for any passwords. You're more techy than you think!
    09-11-13 02:09 PM
    edit- oh well, never mind.
    09-11-13 02:11 PM
    wireshark.

cheers,
    neovty
    09-11-13 02:20 PM
    Welcome to the forums, glad you were able to resolve you problem!
    09-11-13 02:59 PM
    CONGRATULATIONS

And great support, all of you!
    09-11-13 03:13 PM
    Oh, one more warning.

Now that the little one knows about trying to use Passwords, you could wind up with a WIPED PB again if they try getting in over and over. Do they know how to read and spell? Because at "guess" 9 I think, it will ask you to type Blackberry before wiping at one more wrong guess. But now the little one may be persistent!!! So good luck
    09-11-13 03:17 PM
29 12