Heins didnt pronounce any word about Playbook

Is Playbook DEAD ?
    01-30-13 10:23 AM
    I'm so sad right now...
    01-30-13 10:24 AM

Is Playbook DEAD ?
    maybe, it is...... It would be good to have BB10 on Playbook. But who cares, if PB doesn't get it? Atleast i don't care. For $199, you can't ask for better.
    RIP ''Playbook''
    01-30-13 10:26 AM
    Oh come on let's wait for qna somebody is bound to ask.

I would really love that new browser and Skype of course.

Pavlos
    01-30-13 10:28 AM
    This is gonna suck so much if it doesn't come to the Playbook. Millions of PB owners are gonna be left stranded. Hope it doesn't turn out like that though
    01-30-13 10:28 AM
    This is gonna suck so much if it doesn't come to the Playbook. Millions of PB owners are gonna be left stranded. Hope it doesn't turn out like that though
    Really i'm gonna switch to windows 8 tablets
    01-30-13 10:30 AM
    It will come
    01-30-13 10:30 AM
    wow, not a word? All in all, I thought the Launch basically sucked. Who wants to hear that their phone is not available for two months, etc. and then also having invested in 4 PBs, not to hear a word about it.
    lexsteryo likes this.
    01-30-13 10:34 AM
    if it does not come i mean soon i will be selling my pb which i just got in dec 2012 lte 32 gb.
    01-30-13 10:34 AM
    Really i'm gonna switch to windows 8 tablets
    PB @199 bucks is a sweet deal. So, i won't sell it. But i will also switch to Windows 8 tablet...
    01-30-13 10:38 AM
    Wow, panic mode lol I for one am not worried. In previous interviews it was already stated that the playbook would eventually get the new OS.
    01-30-13 10:39 AM
    From the QnA

BlackBerry 10 for Playbook, future tablets?

TH: We plan to upgrade all Playbooks to BB10

TH: Future tablets? We will continue in the tablet space but are looking for specific services (verticals) where we can provide a value proposition
    RobertM24 likes this.
    01-30-13 10:40 AM
    Q/A answer sounds like they aren't going to tackle a new tablet for a while...
    01-30-13 10:41 AM
    Well, PB is good enough at this price for things getting done with it.
    Honestly, I don't care for that bit of PPI (compared to Nexus7, for example), if software is as perfect as BB10
    01-30-13 10:45 AM

Is Playbook DEAD ?

Nope, my PB is working just as well as the first day I bought it in 2011.
    01-30-13 10:47 AM
    If Playbook will be updated with BB10, i dont think they will bring modifications on it, we will have it as it is, i think this will be sooner
    01-30-13 10:48 AM
    Forum members got themselves all worked up thinking it was being annouced today
    mikeo007 and SlcCorrado like this.
    01-30-13 10:54 AM
    Forum members got themselves all worked up thinking it was being annouced today

LOL no, but with all the news out in the past week or so from websites everyone EXPECTED and DAMN right EXPECTED it today.
    01-30-13 10:56 AM
    Not a word on a tablet. I think they will end license BB10 to other tablet manufacturers. Unless BB10 takes off. Then we might see a black Forrest down the line.

People seem unimpressed but the BBM blew me away along with Skype. Did not see that coming. Over all I think the hub is the key that makes the OS shine. You really can do so much without having to open this and close that and open this again.

I need to use it to really appreciate it but from what I saw it looks like a great device for work and play.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 11:01 AM
    Not a word on a tablet. I think they will end license BB10 to other tablet manufacturers. Unless BB10 takes off. Then we might see a black Forrest down the line.

People seem unimpressed but the BBM blew me away along with Skype. Did not see that coming. Over all I think the hub is the key that makes the OS shine. You really can do so much without having to open this and close that and open this again.

I need to use it to really appreciate it but from what I saw it looks like a great device for work and play.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more, the action on BB10 makes the big white fruit phone look a little clunky. However, I'm glad Heins clarified the PB update situation because they need all the momentum they can develop right now, and no BB10 would have lost me forever!
    01-30-13 11:16 AM
    People need to get a grip. The real party is happening on the front porch, with BlackBerry doing some serious schmoozing in order to sell boat loads of Z10s and Q10s.

Meanwhile, we PB owners are just standing around the beer keg in the back yard, enjoying the sausagefest as best we can. The reality is, we are and have been the black sheep of the BB family for almost two years now. Nothing is gonna change that. But maybe, if we start showing a little respect, and don't get all whiny and demanding, if we get over our misplaced sense of entitlement---maybe then will RIM throw us a well-chewed bone and give us BB10 this summer.

I, for one, will be grateful.
    toneytone likes this.
    01-30-13 11:27 AM
    Couldn't agree more, the action on BB10 makes the big white fruit phone look a little clunky. However, I'm glad Heins clarified the PB update situation because they need all the momentum they can develop right now, and no BB10 would have lost me forever!
    The question that remains, in my mind, is why wouldn't he give an indication of WHEN it will be made available. The truth is that we have good tablet hardware with an unfinished (or far from ideal) OS. That we are kept waiting is acceptable since phones are their core business, but that we are not worthy of any further info other than "it will happen" is rather disappointing.
    01-30-13 11:29 AM
    I'm not surprised they didn't say anything about BB10 on the PB, but I AM surprised that there was no mention of the 10" tab. Too bad
    01-30-13 11:31 AM
    I don't see the point of talking about Playbook, It's an event about a new era and you really think they're going to talk about a product that has been in the market for 2 years??

It would make sense when they're going to show blackforest.
    01-30-13 11:45 AM