I bought several nonworking playbooks.Batteries were drained on all of them and I got them recharged and working. After I set them up and updated to 1088 I used each one for a while and then did a security wipe before selling them.Well my son wanted one and I turned it on and started to set it up for him.For some reason after going thru the setup it started to update the software again and was real slow doing it.It got to 6% and then hung there and nothing further.I tried another and it won't show the blackberry id screen. every one i've tried has messed up one way or another.Is there any way to wipe the os and reinstall an os?
    11-03-12 03:55 PM
    Debrick with desktop manager. Make sure the battery is fully charged as it could take hours to download then install. Just do a search in this forum. It might even be in the faq (stickies at the top).
    11-03-12 04:10 PM
    Sorry, don't know what you mean by debrick.How do I do that?
    11-03-12 04:28 PM
    Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    BB_Bmore and glassrover like this.
    11-03-12 04:42 PM
    Thanks for info,i'll try it and see.Still can't figure why they want to update after they were updated before security wipe.
    11-03-12 07:14 PM
    Thanks for info,i'll try it and see.Still can't figure why they want to update after they were updated before security wipe.
    When it's wiped it takes it back some, how much I'm not sure and then after setup it will download a regional update.
    11-03-12 07:57 PM
    Debrick, switch Playbook off. Connect to computer whilst device is switched off. Update.

Now you can tell us how you got all the drained batteries to charge.
    11-03-12 10:43 PM
    Debrick, switch Playbook off. Connect to computer whilst device is switched off. Update.

Now you can tell us how you got all the drained batteries to charge.
    Search the forums. I had the issue with a completely drained battery not charging. I plug it in until the red light goes out then unplug again. You have to repeat this like 15x or so and you will eventually get the battery icon on your screen. You should be good to go after that.
    12-21-12 07:18 PM
    the term is stacked charging.
    12-21-12 07:37 PM
    Call it whatever you want. It worked. That's all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-23-12 06:12 PM