Sometime next month Hearthstone is set to release on android tablets. The minimum required specs are a 6inch screen, 1gb ram, android 4.0 or later.

Do you think we'll be able to sideload this and run it off android emulation on the playbook? It would suddenly give massive meaning and enjoyment from a device I wrote off using once I got a phone better than it.
    11-25-14 10:36 PM
    No....................based on min specs you cite.
    11-25-14 10:51 PM
    No....................based on min specs you cite.
    What is the problem? The playbook is 7inch right? 1gb of ram.... and I read online it can run up android 4.1.
    11-26-14 12:08 AM
    It doesn't have 4.1 ROFL
    it has 2.2.3
    11-26-14 12:29 AM
    It doesn't have 4.1 ROFL
    it has 2.2.3
    I don't see what is funny. I obviously didn't know what the playbook could run and what it couldn't. I did do a google search before making this thread and saw this:

Apparently I cannot post links, but on yotuube there is a video of playbook running android 4.0.

But not only that, I read and article stating that playbook is getting 4.0 support which date was at least over a year ago.

Please don't make jokes. Just looking for straight + clear answers.
    11-26-14 12:41 AM
    Yeah, there are some "pieces of work" around here. Best to ignore them.

To your last post, though, it's not likely that the PB will be getting any further updates. Its specs could certainly handle a newer Android (which is pretty lightweight overall), but won't happen without BB's decision, which again is unlikely. There were "promises" of BB10 , probably around the time of the article that you're referring to.

Sorry. Even though the Android emulation is hit or miss on the PB, some 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) stuff runs well on it, and quite a few Android apps still support that version. Take a look at Goodereader for a curated database. Else there are APK extractors and APK to BAR converters if you're feeling adventurous.

FTR masterscar, the PB has a 2.3.3 emulator, not 2.2.3.
    Last edited by mh1983; 11-26-14 at 08:42 AM.
    Protekt1 likes this.
    11-26-14 07:40 AM
    I don't see what is funny. I obviously didn't know what the playbook could run and what it couldn't. I did do a google search before making this thread and saw this:

Apparently I cannot post links, but on yotuube there is a video of playbook running android 4.0.

But not only that, I read and article stating that playbook is getting 4.0 support which date was at least over a year ago.

Please don't make jokes. Just looking for straight + clear answers.
    The preybook is the joke, along with any youtube video showing it running Android or any emulated version of android bearing 4.anything. I dont' expect Mastercarhead was laughing at you.........more likely what was funny was the suggestion that Blackberry would have updated the android runtime to be remotely relevant at any point during their lack of support for this device. Truth is they expected all the developers to build for their non selling platform and were the only ones in the tech world that didn't get the memo that that wasn't ever going to happen. When it didn't they scrapped the OS and moved onto BB10 expecting devs to build apps for that platform. We all know how well that went.

You want jokes, try emailing hearthstone and ask them when the Blackberry app is going to come out.

Google searches will show a lot of the promises made by Rimberry that never materialized on the playbook. Don't believe anything you read on the internet about what the playbook is capable of. It's a music/video player sort of and e-reader and that's about it. It ain't getting any better than that.
    Last edited by Cynycl; 11-26-14 at 01:28 PM.
    11-26-14 01:06 PM
    You want jokes, try emailing hearthstone and ask them when the Blackberry app is going to come out.
    Blizzard never announced support for the blackberry platform. So I doubt it'll ever happen. But if it does happen, it'll be after iphone support (ipad already supported), android tablet (coming next month as previously stated), android phones (probably happening around the same time as iphone). They do plan on supporting the game for the next 10 years so I would not be surprised if it comes out on the blackberry platform, but I'm not counting on it any time soon.

Google searches will show a lot of the promises made by Rimberry that never materialized on the playbook. Don't believe anything you read on the internet about what the playbook is capable of. It's a music/video player sort of and e-reader and that's about it. It ain't getting any better than that.
    You're right about that. Took them forever to get the 2.0 update out. And OS10 or whatever they are calling it I guess is never coming out. I did read that they haven't announced no more updates for the playbook, it is is possible... But I'd imagine by the time that happens I won't even care. If I want to play hearthstone that badly on a tablet, I'll get the kindle fire 6 for 99 bucks. I'll probably just wait til android phone support comes, cause it'll definitely run on my galaxy s4 which has proven to be 10x the value over the playbook, and the phone cost me almost nothing.
    Cynycl likes this.
    11-26-14 10:34 PM