Hello, my playbook has OS 2.1.0.1526. I turn on the headset and turn on some song, but after standby when the screen goes black, the sound is gone, and when I touch the screen, the sound is back again. It happens only for the headset, through speakers it's normal. Any ideas...?
    09-25-13 10:27 AM
    Hello, my playbook has OS 2.1.0.1526. I turn on the headset and turn on some song, but after standby when the screen goes black, the sound is gone, and when I touch the screen, the sound is back again. It happens only for the headset, through speakers it's normal. Any ideas...?
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

When you say "some song", how are you playing this song? The native music player or something online like YouTube?
    09-25-13 10:38 AM
    Thanks. It's about the native music player.
    09-25-13 12:15 PM
    Thanks. It's about the native music player.
    If it's a bluetooth headset, could be the wireless communications shuting off when the device goes into standby. This happens to me just using the speakers and running slacker radio. It will play when the screen first goes off but once it hits the standby mode (which it shouldn't do when running an app) it seems to lose the wifi connection.

What I mean by standby is that you have to enter the password for the device, if you have one set.
    09-25-13 01:17 PM
    I've tried with other headphones and other music player app, still the same. It's a normal headphones (not bluetooth), when the screen goes in standby, the sound becomes so weak it barely can be heard. When I had older OS 2.0... I didn't have this problem.
    09-25-13 02:04 PM
    I've tried with other headphones and other music player app, still the same. It's a normal headphones (not bluetooth), when the screen goes in standby, the sound becomes so weak it barely can be heard. When I had older OS 2.0... I didn't have this problem.
    Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the power and volume down button for 10 seconds or so until the device shuts off, when you release the red light should come on and the device will restart itself.
    09-25-13 02:11 PM
    ^^^ that should read power and volume + buttons

It's a good suggestion and seems mandatory for me after an OS update.
    Cynycl likes this.
    09-25-13 02:59 PM
    ^^^ that should read power and volume + buttons

It's a good suggestion and seems mandatory for me after an OS update.
    Yes..............power and volume UP button.
    09-25-13 03:40 PM
    Make sure you have the device set to keep running apps in background. In Settings-General, the first option sets this. "Showcase" allows apps to stay running in the background, otherwise they pause if not the active app.
    09-26-13 05:22 AM