Hi everyone, sorry for the odd title. I wasn't sure how to describe my question.

I am using the Playbook to display Videos to a class on a projector. And while the students are watching the video, I want to browse to a website to prep the next thing that I am going to show to the students. I have the mirror setting turned to "off" so that I can do the browsing while the video plays on the screen. This works wonderfully - no problems at all.

But when the video closes, I cant seem to get the browser to move from the Playbook onto the projector (hope that makes sense). All that I see on the projetor is my video collection. What I ended up doing is having to go to the HDMI settings, turn on the mirror option, and then the browser will display on the projector and the playbook.

I suppose this would have been fine, but in my case, what I wanted to do is have the browser image on the projector and then open my word document on my Playbook with my lecture notes.

In the Video App, there is an icon in the upper right hand side that allows the program to know where you want to send the video, i.e., which device to play it on. But there isn't any option in the browser window that I can see that would allow for this.

Am I just missing something or am I stuck to turning on/off the mirror options through the settings window?

Thank you in advance for any comments on this. It is appreciated.

PS - It didnt happen to me, thankfully, but if you are showing videos through the Video App to your students, be advised that when your selected video closes, the app lists all of the videos that are on your device. I'm sure I dont need to say what happened next
    05-04-11 10:31 PM
    I think you can turn off the mirror from within the video app, in the drop down menu. There is a new button when you have an HDMI cable plugged in (it's a little box) and it toggles mirror mode. Doesn't help much, I know, because you still have to go to the video app to do it.
    05-04-11 11:11 PM
    are any of the corner commands (swipe from bezel top, side, top left, top right) unallocated? It would be nice if RIM allowed us to do this by swiping from bottom right.

Or RIM could make bottom right a "convenience key", which we could set to whatever we want.
    05-04-11 11:44 PM
    I am not sure if this is what you are after...

While the video is playing, tap the screen. A small icon appears in the upper right. Tap it. You can now swipe either back to another open app or swipe UP to get to the home screen and open another app.

When the video is concluded, you do have to go to the video and tap that icon in the upper right again to send other apps to the projector.
    05-05-11 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD