I had the same problem with my Playbook. I ended up sending it for repair and they replaced the hdmi port. It works now but I cant get full screen on my sony bravia tv.
    10-11-11 09:22 AM
    I just had the "anynet+" issue. I turned the anynet+ system off in the Samsung TV menu and playbook now works on the TV.......seamlessly and quite beautifully
    Zwickliffe likes this.
    11-21-11 09:38 PM
    I just had the "anynet+" issue. I turned the anynet+ system off in the Samsung TV menu and playbook now works on the TV.......seamlessly and quite beautifully
    I will have to try this when I get another chance to sit down and play around with it. I hope it works for me as well.
    11-22-11 07:02 PM
    I bought my PB32 back in May and at first the hdmi worked flawlessly on my Sony Bravia. Couple of months ago I noticed the display on the tv was getting glitchy if the cable moved. Then one day it would not work at all. Went to The Source and got a new cable and again I could make it work if I left the PB on a shelf while plugged in. Move it u lose it.

Last week I called Rim and was issued a RMA and its on its way to Tennesee for repair or replacement. I use my PB everyday so I took advantage of the sales and got a 64 so I can carry on bookin'. Last night I plugged in to the TV and nothing on the big screen 'cept for the no signal message. The PB recognizes the tv and the recognizes that it is a PB plugged in. The tv screen goes dark for a second and then gives up and says no signal again. When I cycle thru the display modes it tries and fails.

I did notice that the hdmi port on the PB seems loose and when I moved the cable the tv would flicker. When I pushed on the cable hard to the right the PB appeared on the TV screen but let go and again nothing.

Still in the 7 day window for return and/or exchange and the dealer said when I called this morning they are out of stock and will order me another and honor the return policy when they get the new one in.

People have said it these forums that even if the software so far is a bit lacking the shine is in the hardware and when we get our OS2 it will be an amazing device and until now I have agreed. Seems a little less shiny today.
    11-26-11 10:06 AM
    You folks have sent me connecting my pb to my Vizio with a 15 monoprice cable and I'm watching my trip to the Sierra and Mt Lassen, Yosemite and White Mt in vivid video.

I hope everyone gets their issues straightened out.

Of course, it helps if you do not try plugging the hdmi cable into the pb's usb port. I can tell you that it does not work either right-side-up or upside-down!!! I even got out a flashlight to see which way to plug it in - aha, its the port on the extreme LEFT!
    Last edited by F2; 11-26-11 at 10:59 AM.
    sllock likes this.
    11-26-11 10:55 AM
    I spoke with a friends husband who is a developer with BB and he said the drivers defective, the old driver only worked with older sets and the driver with the last ls update is defective. Might work with some sets but it worked a few times with my new Sony but then quit but still works with my 10 year old Panasonic Viera but not the brand new Sony. BB knows of this issue but will, not fix it with an update until they decide if there going to continue the Playbooks at all or scrap email so we're all just hung out to dry in the meantime. This was the big reason I bought mine so I guess we're all screwed
    05-17-13 02:59 PM
    You're really on a mission to spread the word of your friends husband.
    Ask him when BB10 will come to the PB.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-17-13 04:15 PM
    Hi,

New PB owner. HDMI to Insignia TV was working great at first. Then TV quit working had to replace TV with newer version of Insignia. Won't display- tried every resolution on all 3 HDMI ports. Bought new HDMI cable. TV recognizes that is is connected to a Playbook but says it isn't receiving input (agian tried every resolution on all 3 HDMI ports) . Insignia says the problem isn't them (even tho that's the only thing that's different now). HDMI works on a laptop to TV connection. Any ideas? That was one of the main reasons we went with a PB!! So frustrating!!
    10-03-13 02:39 PM
    Check all of the TV's menu settings. There may be one that will trigger it. Also, try turning on the various parts in differing orders. TV on, then pb. PB on, then TV.
    10-03-13 07:57 PM
    If it works on other tvs, your pc, your neighbors pc, your neighbors tv, the grumpy old man from across the street tv,

And you've gone thru the reset process on your tv and the dvd plays thru the same hdim port, but no PB, it may be the tv itself. Just because you even got an uprev model of tv, they very often use the same motherboard and piggyback boards, they just place or program the eeproms chips with what features are available for that model. And a bad batching boards can make it out of qc, if that particular tv doesn't work, but you can get it towork on anything else within your reach of friends, the cross hair is on the tv....

C
    10-03-13 08:30 PM
    I spoke with a friends husband who is a developer with BB and he said the drivers defective, the old driver only worked with older sets and the driver with the last ls update is defective. Might work with some sets but it worked a few times with my new Sony but then quit but still works with my 10 year old Panasonic Viera but not the brand new Sony. BB knows of this issue but will, not fix it with an update until they decide if there going to continue the Playbooks at all or scrap email so we're all just hung out to dry in the meantime. This was the big reason I bought mine so I guess we're all screwed
    Hi ! Do we have any news about that ?
    I downgraded my PB to OS 2.1.0.1282, tried a new hdmi cable, with 2 different TVs, tried to reboot the PB and the TV. Nothing solved my problem: the TV recognizes the playbook connected via hdmi, but still doesn't display what's on my playbook. The TV says "impossible to display this video format"
    02-23-14 05:32 PM
    I have 2 PBs. One works with the Hdmi and the other one don't. Same cable, same TV. The one that doesn't work just stopped in the middle of the movie. No one moved the device, just stopped. Connected the other one and it works. It's not the TV or the cable, it's the PB.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 03:56 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD