noticed this weekend that my hdmi out no longer works.went and bought another cable tried it with same outcome?tried reboot of pb and my tv,but still no luck.
    11-12-12 10:23 PM
    If you go to settings, hdmi does it show connected, and there are some settings you can change there. Does the hdmi display still work using other sources through that hdmi port?

The hdmi circuitry could be damaged and need an rma from RIM, are you still under warranty?
    11-12-12 11:07 PM
    11-12-12 11:12 PM
    thanks for taking a look at my post.my computer works fine with a hdmi-hdmi through the same tv input.in settings it shows not connected
    11-13-12 12:00 AM
    dont think its still under warranty.but will call and find out if it still wont work
    11-13-12 12:02 AM
    have had the same issue myself. has been working fine, used on hols 2 weeks ago. not used since. went to use at the weekend for some sport on tv and no workie. no idea. I have done a wipe and reinstall since getting home. I've ordered a new cable in case old one is hosed. will see and report back when it arrives. cannot believe a reinstall would cause this, and there's no damage to the port, I'm fustidious about looking after my pb!
    11-13-12 03:16 AM
    yeah i think it was fine till i updated the software version.
    11-13-12 01:50 PM
    Just found out yesterday my hdmi on one of my playbooks wasn't working after having it for 10 months and hooked up yesterday for first time.
    Phoned RIM got the RMA from fedex express box this morning and had pickup this afternoon.
    B*tch all the time about RIM but they get grade AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+ for customer service and backing their products
    axllebeer likes this.
    11-15-12 05:52 PM
    wow thanks for the info will call them right now.
    11-16-12 09:39 PM
    Same thing happened to me for my microusb port. Sadly, once they had the PB at their repair facility the dodginess started. $99 to repair a usb port. Told them a new device costs the same amount and there is simply no excuse for it to break within the year.

Who knows, my ticket is still open but I am absolutely disappointed. You can check my posts. Up until now I was a pretty big stumper for RIM. If they insist on a $99 repair bill I am going to film it's destruction bookended with live shots of me buying an S3.
    11-16-12 11:07 PM
    my rma from fedex will be here this afternoon so keep me posted on your outcome balding1.
    11-17-12 01:26 PM
    just to confirm that my issue appeared to have been sorted with a new cable. ebay, 2 quid
    11-17-12 04:25 PM
    my rma from fedex will be here this afternoon so keep me posted on your outcome balding1.
    Just got a email about the RMA repairs

According to our system, your PlayBook was delivered to the repair facility on Nov 19, 2012 and is undergoing repairs. Your tablet will be shipped back to you after the repairs are completed within the next three to five business days.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us either by replying to this message or by calling us at one of the numbers below.

Thank you again for contacting us. Have a great day
    11-19-12 02:23 PM
    Update,
    Phone customer service 8:41 AM Nov.14,2012 for RMA which I received packing box the next day by fedex Nov.15 and returned the same day for repairs (Fedex picked up).Here we are Nov. 20, 2012 and Fedex just dropped me off a BRAND NEW 64GB.
    Truly amazed and how quick a turn around.
    Thanks RIM and customer support.
    FF22 and Cracklen like this.
    11-20-12 11:11 AM
    Stupid question?
    My PB they replaced was 10 months old, does the PB warranty start today on the new replacement?
    11-20-12 11:18 AM
    Generally, a warranty runs its ORIGINAL terms from ORIGINAL purchase date.
    balding1 likes this.
    11-20-12 12:17 PM
    good news im still waiting for my fedex RMA packing box.think i better call them again its been a while
    11-20-12 07:21 PM
    good news im still waiting for my fedex RMA packing box.think i better call them again its been a while
    All my RMA transactions were from Tennessee to Montreal Quebec and in reverse, all were done within 24 hours to be shipped to me and the same for them to receive.
    So 6 days total including week-end.
    They should of sent you a RMA e-mail for you to track?
    11-20-12 07:32 PM
    received package today bundled it up called fedex for pickup.got ready to go out door knocked looking for parcell.less than 15mins picked up and gone.anything i ship in the future will be FEDEX ..just sayn
    11-21-12 04:17 PM
    Two weeks ago, I attempted to use the HDMI port on my playbook to connect to a digital TV for the first time after purchase 8 months ago. I was unsuccessful, called RIM to get RMA with fedex pickup as you did. Today RIM contacted me with the sad news that damage had occurred out of warranty to the HDMI port with a repair cost of $149. I had never tried to use it until 2 weeks ago. At the same time my brother found unsuccessful results with the HDMI on his playbook purchased about 7 months ago. I like the playbook but not the $149 repair bill which I opted not to pay and just have the playbook shipped back. Will I get another? I do not know. I normally keep very good care of my computers with maintenance etc for the past 32 years.
    11-22-12 10:34 PM
    thats pretty lame.still waiting to hear what they say about mine.will be monday i think,they got it on friday.
    11-24-12 10:54 PM
    finally heard from rim today and they said they will not fix my hdmi under warranty.can you say douchebags
    11-29-12 04:49 PM
    finally heard from rim today and they said they will not fix my hdmi under warranty.can you say douchebags
    What is the reason for not fixing under warranty, physical external damage?
    11-29-12 05:04 PM
    they claim physical damage.the playbook looks mint to me.will look closer when its returned
    11-29-12 05:12 PM
    they claim physical damage.the playbook looks mint to me.will look closer when its returned
    That is entirely possible. I had a playbook that ended up with a broken HDMI port... I baby my electronics but for whatever reason, the HDMI stopped working after a while. The HDMI port on the Playbook was noticeably more loose, almost like something broke off. I blame poor manufacturing. Fortunately it was still within warranty and I was able to swap it for a new one. Needless to say I'm wary of using HDMI on the new one, so I don't.

But yeah, if something 'broke off' your Playbook's HDMI port (like what seemingly happened on mine), it is possible RIM might claim 'physical damage' and refuse to fix it. They may have concluded wrongly that you didn't take care when inserting the HDMI cable.

I like to think it was an issue with first-run batch of Playbooks. They had poor power buttons, too. After a while the buttons would just sink so they were flush with the casing. The newer runs of Playbooks don't suffer from that. My original Playbook with the borked HDMI had the power button issue. My replacement doesn't.
    12-01-12 05:12 PM