Hey all,
    I just noticed after the update that I can't turn off the playbook screen while using Hdmi out. Before the update I could simply tap the power button and it would sleep the screen and keep running the video. Also, the sleep time out isn't turning it off either. Any suggestions?
    02-25-12 01:47 PM
    40 views and no replies? Is no one else having this issue?
    02-25-12 02:58 PM
    You waited just over an hour to whine that no one has answered.

Personally, i'm not going to jump up, connect my playbook to my tv to test and report back this instant. If i remember to check the next time i do it i may reply.

But if it annoys you that much, cover it up with the sleeve.
    02-25-12 03:22 PM
    Hmmm, I haven't tried it since the update. Maybe it's a setting under hdmi.
    02-25-12 03:25 PM
    noticed same thing.
    However, after 5 min. of viewing a video the screen times out but will come back on if touched.
    02-25-12 10:25 PM
    I posted a thread about this exact same problem which can be found below. You will find your answer there.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...roblem-701518/
    02-25-12 10:46 PM
    Hey thanks a lot! At least there is a work around. I'm just surprised they changed this, being a professional grade tablet and all.
    02-26-12 08:41 AM
    Hey all,
    I just noticed after the update that I can't turn off the playbook screen while using Hdmi out. Before the update I could simply tap the power button and it would sleep the screen and keep running the video. Also, the sleep time out isn't turning it off either. Any suggestions?
    Last night while watching some movies my BlackBerry PlayBook screen faded to black all by itself as expected and the movie remained on-screen on the HDTV. The sleep timer worked as it was designed as far as I can tell. Is your tablet set to Showcase mode and demo mode off?
    02-26-12 08:47 AM
    I have the problem that screen is like dim
    But on all night while charging. This is after april 17 update. Help
    04-22-12 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD