I picked up a HDMI cable for my PB and can't get it work on my LG W67 series PC Monitor.

A 'signal' is detected otherwise the monitor 'complains' that there is no connection but all I get is a black screen. I've tried changing the output format on the PB. One thing I found odd is that the PB detects a monitor but loses it and then finds it again.

BTW: the same PB cable works on my Panasonic 50" so I doubt its the cable...

I am on beta build 2.0.0.6149
    02-02-12 08:19 AM
    based only on the information you've provided, it would appear there is an incorrect or incompatible setting on the monitor you are trying to connect to.

you have confirmed the PlayBook and cable to be good, so that's the only thing left.

have you checked your video display settings for your monitor?

what changes have you made to the monitor settings?
    02-02-12 08:25 AM
    Changes? None to my monitor...

It is connected via HDMI to my laptop and now running in 1680x1050 mode. But that seems to be automatically set once connected. I have no way of changing it via the available monitor setup menu...

Oddly enough, when I connect the PB to it, I can no longer access the Monitor Menu and on-screen setup...
    02-02-12 08:52 AM
    I have the same problem. I believe there were some playbooks sent out with faulty hdmi outs.
    02-02-12 09:02 AM
    I had the same issue.Purchased a new hdmi cable and the problem went away and stayed away.
    02-02-12 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD