Just got my HDMI micro cable and it works perfectly with my PB and Samsung TV @ 1080p if I have the settings on "Default to mirror mode".

I can use presenter mode in the Video and Slideshow apps to be able to switch out of the playing video or presentation.

My question is what is the "Default to mirror mode" for? When I turn it off my TV goes to no signal. I still get audio through my HDMI receiver so I know the interface is working. I just don't get any video.

I have searched around but can't find any information on why you would want to have "Default to mirror mode" turned off and what it should do when it is.

Can anyone enlighten me?
    11-25-11 06:32 PM
    Ok, figured it out. Default mirror mode 'On' will clone your PB screen onto the TV. When it is off the PB will only send content from Apps that have Presenter Mode. At the moment thats Slideshow and Video.

If you have Default mirror mode turned off you will only see content on the TV if you are running Video or Slideshow and tap the screen and select presenter mode. Otherwise your PB wont send anything.

I would think that having Default mirror mode turned off would only be helpful if you are doing a formal presentation and you dont want he audience to see you loading up video or slides before switching to presenter mode.

So my advice would be to leave Default mirror turned on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 05:59 PM
    Have you seen a way to keep an internet video stream displayed on the external source while doing something else on theplaybook?
    01-12-12 06:08 PM
    Have you seen a way to keep an internet video stream displayed on the external source while doing something else on theplaybook?
    Showcase mode maybe with mirror off? That's the only option I can think of...
    01-12-12 06:56 PM
    Right now the browser doesn't support presenter mode, and we've seen nothing to suggest RIM will add that feature. You could ask in the Simple Browser Plus thread if the developer has considered adding support, would probably be popular. The documentation for devs on how to do it isn't very good right now though, but I've seen some comments from RIM people on the dev forums suggesting it should be possible.
    01-12-12 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD