I have a fairly new, high end AV receiver. It has multiple HDMI "ins" and "outs". Is there a good chance, if I were to hook up my PB thru an HDMI cable, that I would get to watch movies from my PB thru my tv and get the sound from my receiver, which are all linked together now?
    03-24-12 12:57 AM
    Yes..... I connect mine through my receiver all the time. It looks and sounds fantastic. In fact i leave the cable connected all the time and have a PlayBook setting on my remote. It means I now have a portable 7" &. 50" PB. With the remote control from my phone it turns the PB into a great media centre pc.
    03-24-12 01:36 AM
    Awesome. Just reading some other posts, here, do I need a special hdmi cable, something about "hi speed"?
    03-24-12 01:45 AM
    You need something called a mini-HDMI cable. It has an normal HDMI ending on one side with a micro sized hdmi slot to go in the playbook. I leave my cable in all the time as well, its a pretty sweet setup!
    03-24-12 02:14 AM
    You need something called a mini-HDMI cable. It has an normal HDMI ending on one side with a micro sized hdmi slot to go in the playbook. I leave my cable in all the time as well, its a pretty sweet setup!
    Its not called a mini hdmi- there is such a beast- but is in fact called a micro hdmi to hdmi cable (or adapter, if you already have an hdmi cable).
    03-24-12 02:20 AM
    You can find them dirt cheap on Amazon. Awesome functionality!
    03-24-12 06:54 AM
    I run the Playbook through a Yamaha HTR-5063 receiver.
    It works great. 7.1 surround, 630 watts and a 42" plasma.

As mentioned, all you need is a microHDMI->HDMI cable.
    I get my cables from Monoprice.com.
    03-24-12 07:53 AM
    Ditto on all that. It's great. It's hard to find micro HDMI cables of any useable length and you may notice there's no such thing as an HDMI extension cable i.e. Male to female. FutureShop and probably BestBuy do sell a little connector by Rocketfish with two female sockets which works well.
    03-24-12 08:11 AM
    Thanks all. I cant wait to try this out. I have like a $20,000 AV system, so I am curious what my little PB will do !! I am sure it will be fun. Like I said before, this (PB) was one of the coolest Christmas presents EVER. Still having fun !! (well, when I am not on the phone with PB support haha)
    03-24-12 10:23 AM
    Monoprice.com has longer cables. They also have a variety of gender/size adapters, right-angle and rotating adapters.

Ohhhhh, can I come up and see that AV system in action? My passport is current!
    03-24-12 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD