Probably a stoopid question - but is the audio over hdmi louder than audio output through the ear socket ??
I use my PB for music, by connecting it to my hi-fi, but even at top volume from the PB ( with headphone boost enabled ) it's just not that loud.
So I thought I might give it a go over hdmi - but thought i'd check before getting a hdmi breakout cable.
- 02-04-13, 08:09 AM #2
It could also be the cable and type of connectors you are using.
Thanx for the reply and have to agree - output through headphones is loud.
I've used the same cable with a cheap mp3 and output is much louder ?
The Hi-Fi has a built in amp but I even with the volume up to max on the Hi-Fi and PB, output is very quiet, which is why I was thinking HDMI breakout cable might be a solution.
Oh well not to worry.
- 02-04-13, 08:49 AM #4
- CrackBerry Genius
02-04-13, 02:31 PM #8
- 3,530 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I have my PC hooked up to a Onkyo A/V via head phone jack to RCA plugs. While I never had an issue with the PC, when I unplugged the PC and plugged in the PlayBook the volume was very low. Whatever the reason for this the HDMI cable provides good sound at the same volume as all my other sources.
- By Dr.Deebs in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 10Last Post: 02-02-12, 05:11 PM
- By xxplosive2k282 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-07-11, 07:32 PM
- By Colleennl in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 4Last Post: 08-19-11, 07:37 PM
- By anturpin in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 6Last Post: 05-30-11, 07:50 PM
- By TheNiceDude in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 0Last Post: 05-22-11, 04:19 PM