Hi. I am loving my new PlayBook and actually prefer it to my Nexus 7 but I am having a problem. I have a Nikon V1 camera and copied some movies onto my PlayBook. They are recorded 1920x1080 60i Mov format have.264/mpeg4 avc. Audio AAC.
    When I try to play them. Short clips of 30 secs or less, it is juddery and pixelated with green squares. Anyone help please. I didn't think I would have needed to re encode them. I have updated to the latest os. Thanks.
    12-31-12 04:17 PM
    hey jake, first off the playbook does not play AAC audio so you would have to convert that to MP3 also for the video itself it should be able to play the MP4 format but perhaps it doesn't like how your Nikon encodes the MP4...you might have to encode them to a version the PB likes...there is TONS of threads on how and what to use to re-encode your movies, also there might be a player in the app world that might play it better than the stock vid player...some of the others can def tell ya what app would be best...
    12-31-12 05:11 PM
    Actually, I believe the pb does play video with AAC. It does NOT natively play AC3 (damn those acronyms!).

I wonder if Kalemsoft would play the video. But the resolution also seems larger than supported natively????

Others may have more info.
    12-31-12 05:40 PM
    Actually, I believe the pb does play video with AAC. It does NOT natively play AC3 (damn those acronyms!).

I wonder if Kalemsoft would play the video. But the resolution also seems larger than supported natively????

Others may have more info.
    I did read that the playbook scales down 1080p when played on it but outputs 1080p if connected hdmi to tv. My clips have audio so that is not the issue. With regards to Kalemsoft, I don't really want to spend �5 on an app that I can't guarantee will play my files. I think it must be some codec issue.
    12-31-12 07:33 PM
    Check out the app 'StereoTube' in appworld, it will play AAC files and a few other formats that the native video player won't, and it is a directory to link to YouTube, and will convert videos to MP4
    01-01-13 11:32 AM
    Same thing here 1280x720 from V1. Is there a nice way to 'just remux' the mov to someting more palatable for the Playbook?
    01-10-13 10:06 AM
    just a suggestion, maybe worth taking say a 10 second movie clip ( ie not too large in size) upload it to dropbox or similar and give us the link here so we can download said clip and see if someone can play around with it ?
    01-10-13 10:44 AM