Will someone i wonder create a tread for HD movies just for the Playbook it would be great to get this started since there are very few sites with quality video in true HD ..to the guys who have given us mp4 videos here on crackberry many thanks again
    06-22-11 04:59 AM
    You've started it. There are actually already some threads. One problem is it is hard to avoid taking about potentially improper methods of getting the videos. One way is to rip your own dvd's to create hd videos in the right format. Another way that is limited at the moment, is to purchase files in the correct format but so far rim's store does not deal in video. I don't know if itunes store allow downloads to be played on non-apple devices.

But if you search this site for the term "video" you will probably come up with various threads on ripping software and download sites (proper? and improper). Vimeo.com (?) has some great time lapse stuff in hd.
    06-22-11 09:23 AM
    DVD Catalyst for PC is great piece of software for legally ripping DVDs you own. before ripping, you can set parameters on the software to convert the video into many different file formats (i use mp4) as well as choose which device you would like to play it on and the converter optimizes it for the screen of the device you chose. and yes, the pb is one of the MANY devices listed. the software is 10$, and the customer support is fantastic.
    06-22-11 10:19 AM
    you could also download handbreak, which is free, but i found the quality of converted movies to poor and the conversion time took almost 3 times as long as the movie i was converting (DVDcat is 1:1 or less in conversion time)
    06-22-11 10:22 AM
    I myself have used this product with great success:

Blackberry Video Converter Factory Pro
    BlackBerry Video Converter Factory Pro, Convert video to BlackBerry

The product is listed as $20 for purchase, or for FREE if you complete a sponsor purchase. I sent flowers to my wife with Proflowers, and got this for free.

It has on option for the Playbook and the quality is great. What I like best about this product is it will convert the video to the full screen of the Playbook, where a standard H.264 MP4 file will not always play full screen. (there are still black bars on the outside)

There are a number of DVD ripping software titles available (Google is your friend) to output to H.264 then run it through here for some best video to watch.
    06-22-11 11:29 AM
    hey guys thanks for the info i will look into it but it would be nice to create a thread for movies formatted just for the playbook
    dogdaddy likes this.
    06-22-11 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD