I'm new to Playbook. Still experiencing the learning curve of swipes, etc. I've searched this forum for posts on whether those who subcribe to HBO through Comcast/Infinity can get HBO GO on Playbook. I've found conflicting answers. HBO GO's website indicates that Playbook is not supported, but some posters seem to have worked around that. Is there a way to get HBO GO on Playbook? I've tried going to the HBO GO website and Infinity web site with no luck.
    Oblio8 likes this.
    10-01-12 03:28 PM
    I have no problem with either the Xfinity or HBO Go websites for viewing their content. What's nice is if I close the browser and then bring it back up and tap the page from the browser history, it remembers where I was when I closed the browser.
    10-01-12 04:06 PM
    Well, when I type hbogo.com into the browser the web site opens but displays nothing but a black screen with HGOGO in the center and a whirling circle of dots....Ugh! Oh and thanks for correcting "Infinity" to Xfinity, without comment. No wonder I'm having problems...
    10-01-12 04:23 PM
    I use the Tablet TV app that is free in app world, works great! Once in a while I have to launch it twice in order to get to the Comcast login screen but once I'm in all functions normally.

Good luck, there's lots of fun stuff to watch and it looks great on my HD tv using the HDMI port.....
    10-01-12 04:24 PM
    Do you have flash enabled?
    10-01-12 04:35 PM
    modxanimal. Thanks Tablet TV worked! But taking a long time buffering. Kbz1960, maybe that's because I don't have flash enabled? Now I'm watching the episode of Boardwalk Empire I miseed. But I should be working! Thanks much!
    10-01-12 04:50 PM
    It's interesting to hear about xfinity. My wife watches it on her laptop, but I get errors on the PB. As far as HBOgo, it works fine, I just setup an account and sign in through the browser. Guess since I'm having another one of those sleepless nights, I should fire it up.
    10-02-12 02:22 AM
    I'm new to Playbook. Still experiencing the learning curve of swipes, etc. I've searched this forum for posts on whether those who subcribe to HBO through Comcast/Infinity can get HBO GO on Playbook. I've found conflicting answers. HBO GO's website indicates that Playbook is not supported, but some posters seem to have worked around that. Is there a way to get HBO GO on Playbook? I've tried going to the HBO GO website and Infinity web site with no luck.
    I run HBO Go / Time Warner Cable in USA, without problems, runs very well on my 16GB wifi Playbook.
    Michaelaw
    esk369 likes this.
    10-02-12 06:32 AM
    Thanks for the information I will try your suggestion.
    01-15-13 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD