So I'm giving Format Factory a shot because I'd really like to have some of my movies on my Playbook, I have like 237 movies in my collection & would at least like to have my top 5 or so on there. After reading thru here it seemed like Format Factory seemed pretty easy to use but I can't seem to find how to change the screen ratio, can someone please help me out? I'm currently doing a trial run with a movie now just to see how it turns out but ANY help you guys/gals can give to help out for future movies would be GREAT! Thanks in advance.
    06-26-11 07:31 PM
    You might want to explain what you are trying to do with the screen ratio. You have to remember that unless something is HD, many movies are not really intended to fill the screen unless you want stretching in one direction or another. So sometimes you have to settle for black bars or tall skinny people or wide squat people! Or you are will to cut off part of the frame.
    06-26-11 09:04 PM
    Didn't think about that, thanks
    06-26-11 09:10 PM
    Just a quick second opinion for DVD Catalyst. One piece of software, no figuring out formats or how to combine files unless you want to, quick conversion as long as your equipment is reasonably up-to-date.
    06-27-11 08:19 AM
    Another question about Format Factory, is there a way to get chapters? I got a movie on my laptop now but it's showing just like any other video would, you can't select specific chapters or anything. If not I guess it's not a big deal, I'll be happy with just being able to have some movies on my Playbook but if I'm missing a step along the way to add in chapters I'd be happy to repeat the process. If you couldn't tell, I've never ripped a movie to my laptop before Even after all this time, you constantly learn new stuff on Crackberry!
    06-27-11 09:00 AM
    i did a little research online and i came across foxreal. i dl it and started ripping a dvd....3.5 HOURS AGO!!! AND IT STILL HAS 2 HOURS TO GO!!! that cant be the norm...can it???? i guess i'll see how it does when i wake up....
    Look at the settings you are using. The higher the resolution you have it set the longer it takes and the greater size for the output file. Try reducing it down to a smaller output and you should find the time has decreased. On foxreal website you can find additional information that can help you.
    06-27-11 11:15 AM
    what about bb video converter
    06-27-11 08:12 PM
    perhaps im slow but i have tried every setting to get sound to play on a movie on the playbook. i have no problem ripping the dvd or downloading one and they always have sound on my computer but the second it gets onto the playbook it is always gone. the picture is amazing! just no sound please help
    03-01-12 07:45 AM
    What software are you using?

You need to match the audio abilities of the playbook

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...English%29.pdf
    03-01-12 11:33 AM
    Just used DVD Decrypter and then Nero Recode (within Nero 11) and I'm now watching Pink Floyd Pulse on the PB - took around 50 minutes to convert the ripped files to MP4.
    03-01-12 12:10 PM
    What software are you using?

You need to match the audio abilities of the playbook

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...English%29.pdf
    I've tried dvdfab handlebar and some other one I can't remember.
    03-01-12 06:01 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD