Good guy Stephen here to tell a story.

Just before heading to the movies, I stopped by Staples for a mouse and a mouse bean bag. To my surprise, I didn't see the Playbook on the shelves or on display (WTF, Staples?). A customer was looking for the Playbook, but the store had none; the employee did do a store-wide check and found one a few miles down the road.

As soon as the customer ended the relationship with the employee, I went straight to him and told him to go to shopblackberry.com before midnight and order the 64GB for $299 before it was too late.

Staples wanted to sell him a $299 16GB PB. I told the customer to go online before the sale ended.
    02-10-12 10:00 PM
    I've recommended it to two coworkers, they are on the verge of buying. I'll update when they do. I'm pretty sure they are going to. One of them will probably join crackberry as well.
    02-10-12 10:25 PM
    no, i recommend a tablet based computer, let them choose ipad, kindle, android or whatever

i have mixed reviews on the playbook, (on my 2nd one) there is ALOT of QC issues that crackberry users will not really address, touchscreen, slow native browser, apps just crashing for no reason, dirty camera lenses, they all give me the same excuse that os 2.0 will fix my hardware related problems - lol. Because they all think its software related for some reason.

truth be told the playbook product which has been launched from 2011 is in its 2nd fiscal year still waiting for a actual functioning os. - This spells disaster if RIM continues their business plans like this, release products and make the consumer wait for the product to cycle into its 2nd year prior to getting around to all the MAJOR complaints.
    02-10-12 10:46 PM
    Yep. I have a coworker who has an iPad and a HP Touchpad. After I showed him my Playbook he had to have one. He got one on the $199 sale so he got it a lot cheaper then me. He told me the other day he is keeping the iPad and Playbook and his HP Touchpad is up on eBay.
    02-11-12 12:33 AM
    i have convinced 5 friends, a cousin, my wife to allow my 15 yr old to have one and my boss. They are loving it!!!!
    02-11-12 12:50 AM
    I have shown my playbook to friend who has a 9900 who went out the next day and bought one and when in Carphone Warehouse(UK) a couple were looking at a playbook but weren't sure, but after showing them what it could do they decided to buy one. They were also Blackberry users and didn''t know the Playbook existed!
    02-11-12 01:11 AM
    I did, our company wanted to buy ipad for 13 DH's, i made little presentation on my PB and show them how good it works with BB Phones witch we all carry, I downgraded my pb to os 1.8 to be sure every thing works well during my attempt to convince them to buy pb! they liked it and now i am waiting for my second pb
    02-11-12 01:11 AM
    I successfully convinced a sibling to purchase a playbook. He's truly impressed.

I mention it to so many people that RIM should just put me on the payroll already.
    02-11-12 06:25 AM
    4 PlayBooks and 4 Bold 9900's, 1 9810 and 2 9800's A few before that but Thats the recent stuff, all happy customers. The media sell iproducts with the same enthusiasm my friends see in me for BB, so I guess it works both ways.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 02-11-12 at 06:36 AM.
    02-11-12 06:33 AM
    Gladly responsible for the sale of 7 playbooks. Im good at selling these things!!! Damn i need a RIM job!!
    02-11-12 06:49 AM
    Gladly responsible for the sale of 7 playbooks. Im good at selling these things!!! Damn i need a RIM job!!
    LOL a RIM job or a job at RIM?
    Toodeurep and missing_K-W like this.
    02-11-12 07:07 AM
    I'm up to 4 so far. And I have 2.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    02-11-12 07:39 AM
    i picked up a 32gb at Telus for my best friend.
    02-11-12 07:53 AM
    4 family members!
    02-11-12 07:55 AM
    Well I don't know ... maybe I helped a bit ... but no one came to say.
    02-11-12 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD