to register u use your bb pin number?
    ur pb pin number.
    10-18-11 03:01 PM
    this whole thing just left a sour taste in my mouth... no release date... no nothing... just more promises.....
    arvindh likes this.
    10-18-11 03:13 PM
    this whole thing just left a sour taste in my mouth... no release date... no nothing... just more promises.....
    The dev tools have release dates or are already available.
    10-18-11 03:16 PM
    It's almost like it was a Developer Conference or something.

I don't think that RIM did anything technically wrong here but I do think they would benefit from a major PR overhaul and just having better awareness how to manage expectations.
    10-18-11 03:22 PM

I don't think that RIM did anything technically wrong here but I do think they would benefit from a major PR overhaul and just having better awareness how to manage expectations.
    Yep, but to be honest, this should be outside of DevCon, not part of it. Their PR and marketing needs improvement everywhere else. So far they have done quite well with DevCon for what it's supposed to be.
    10-18-11 03:23 PM
    i mean the release date for the consumer v2.0
    10-18-11 03:24 PM
    Oh snap, someone already used the official 2.0 release and is giving out info. Awesome!
    If you listened closely enough --- the cascade native UI is going to be on BBX, not Tablet OS 2.0.
    10-18-11 03:26 PM

I fully agree, but whatever you call it, RIM has to have known that a lot was riding on this morning and while I can imagine a lot of devs might be pumped up (are they?), they had a room full of media outlets waiting for something meaty for non-devs. That the actual announcement re: 2.0 came accidentally via Adobe (and in part 2 the timeline almost slipped out by another presenter) is reason enough that their entire PR/Comms team needs to be fired.
    10-18-11 03:29 PM
    If you listened closely enough --- the cascade native UI is going to be on BBX, not Tablet OS 2.0.
    Do you even know what you are saying?
    10-18-11 03:32 PM
    I'm sure dev's are pumped up, they got shown a lot of cool things today and new tools that are available or will be available. Just to use consumers... nothing really great ..yet.

We did see OS 2.0 in action... we did see how apps run using the android player.. we saw you can now create folders on the home page, we saw BES integration with the playbook (huge for enterprises), the appworld enterprise intergration ( saw this at blackberry world also)
    10-18-11 03:34 PM
    supposedly there may have been an issue with registration for os2 beta. I read a post saying resubmit and make sure if your pin has letters its in caps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 03:37 PM
    somebody created a thread here to:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-beta-661798/

10-18-11 03:39 PM
    don't think they have the ability to define what it is supposed to be. the market does.

after all that has happened, the entire tech world had its head turned towards this event and it was the one chance for them to end the bashing once and for all. they didn't seize the opportunity. the ip4s release is still the talk of the internet. i really don't know if they have a second chance or if it is game over.
    You can't have it both ways. If the entire tech world turned it's head towards this event, then it's technically a success as the interest is obviously there in huge numbers (how did you even gauge this?).

And you expect a devcon to remove talk of the iphone 4s? Ok...
    mapsonburt likes this.
    10-18-11 03:39 PM
    I'd like to know if the web browser is included in the beta before I register to install it
    10-18-11 03:40 PM
    For the build up that was created for this event, in terms of announcements to come the PR team should be fired........but then again this is the first day so maybe they will announce more stuff in the coming days. Kind of a backwards strategy but whatever, regardless fire them. Its almost as if they are highly successful and the believe people will purchase there products regardless.

What we saw today should been part of last years announcement of the Playbook, its literally a year late along with most of the RIM product line. I just don't see what was so earth shattering today, HTML5 is available on every platform for example, why is that a big deal today, it should been apart of the original offering.

There is no doubt that we saw cool stuff today, if I was a developer I would have just said "finally I can do something interest" and continue coding. I just don't see how if I was a Apple CEO or Android CEO why I would be remotely concerned, nothing I saw today make me want to continue buying RIM products.
    10-18-11 03:46 PM
    What we saw today should been part of last years announcement of the Playbook, its literally a year late along with most of the RIM product line. I just don't see what was so earth shattering today, HTML5 is available on every platform for example, why is that a big deal today, it should been apart of the original offering.
    HTML5 was available on the original offering. Unless you are being more specific (without specifying) you are confusing things.
    Willard814 likes this.
    10-18-11 03:48 PM
    Do you even know what you are saying?
    My interpretation is that BBX is closer to Tablet OS 3.0 --- where RIM will finally unite the phone OS and tablet OS.

Tablet OS 2.0 is about native email, android player, Flash 11/Air 3.0 and the Movie Store. They didn't say anything about native UI support, combining phone + tablet OS'es into a single platform.
    10-18-11 03:49 PM
    rubbish

those Ceos should be slapped as suggested
    semicoln likes this.
    10-18-11 03:49 PM
    Kevin has a walkthrough of it on the main page. It does have the new UI.
    10-18-11 03:58 PM
    Will this 2.0 beta come with wireless updates?
    lovemyplaybook likes this.
    10-18-11 04:11 PM
    Ah, I see thanks FineWolf, that was confusing to me. The whole sign up page made it sound like it was basically a test platform for the developers for OS2 and worthless to consumers. I'll see what others experience before I jump in either way.
    It is worthless to consumers.
    10-18-11 04:15 PM
    HTML5 was available on the original offering. Unless you are being more specific (without specifying) you are confusing things.
    Thanks for that correction, I thought for some reason HTML5 apps on the PB were not available before today. (again I am not a developer)
    10-18-11 04:15 PM
    Kevin has a walkthrough of it on the main page. It does have the new UI.
    Playbook OS 2.0 has a new UI but it is still based on Flash/Air.

It is totally different than the keynote speech where they talked about a new native c based TAT cascades UI on BBX.
    Last edited by samab; 10-18-11 at 04:20 PM.
    10-18-11 04:18 PM
    It is worthless to consumers.
    Really? Maybe worthless to you but let the rest of us make our own decisions. From the demo on the homepage:

It seems like I will be able to make use of it. Also if you can teach yourself how to package apk files (very easy) you may be able to load some android apps onto it. All assumptions obviously, we will only know when we can download it. I don't see many apps I've downloaded not functioning since most apps are air apps as it is.
    10-18-11 04:19 PM
    im downloading it

10-18-11 04:27 PM
302 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD