Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2241312C, 502FD799, 50201199, 29A67E61
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default have spent several hours searching and am unable to find the cfp guide everyone says is on here

so where is it? can anyone link me to the specific pages in this forum that explain how to nuke, wipe, and rewrite an os using cfp without messing up my PlayBook? is it the same instructions for debrick/downgrade?

And, in advance, if you tell me to search the forums you obviously did not read the title to this thread, and are a f-ing d-bag.
    - Hashashin Jay posting from Soundwave, my 64gb Playbook (thanks Crackberry Forum members!)
    "You may have forgot me, but I didn't forget you" - Sinister 6000 (aka Kool Keith)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

.... err - did you search the forums?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Thanked by:
    ThaSwapMeetPimp (01-29-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Is this it? http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-738964/

I haven't done this, I just did a wipe which reinitialized and then it did a download ota and brought me to same version but in factory state.
    Thanked by:
    ThaSwapMeetPimp (01-29-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by antiRIM View Post
    is loading the OS the same as rewriting it? I know this seems like a stupid question probably, but i really dont want to mess up my PB and a couple of other users have said that after wiping and rewriting the OS (not loading the OS;why i am asking for terminology clarification) using cfp they no longer had any of the recurring lag issues that i am honestly just tired of dealing with. have security wiped and reloaded 3 times in the last couple weeks and am getting irritated with it
    - Hashashin Jay posting from Soundwave, my 64gb Playbook (thanks Crackberry Forum members!)
    "You may have forgot me, but I didn't forget you" - Sinister 6000 (aka Kool Keith)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,644 Global Posts
    --
    8800 (Retired), 9000 (Retired), 9800 (T-Mobile), PB64 WiFi, Droid 4 (VZW)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwapMeetPimp View Post
    is loading the OS the same as rewriting it? I know this seems like a stupid question probably, but i really dont want to mess up my PB and a couple of other users have said that after wiping and rewriting the OS (not loading the OS;why i am asking for terminology clarification) using cfp they no longer had any of the recurring lag issues that i am honestly just tired of dealing with. have security wiped and reloaded 3 times in the last couple weeks and am getting irritated with it
    What do you mean by rewriting it? Do you want to flash an OS so that your running absolutely un-used software for maximum performance?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

What do you mean by rewriting it? Do you want to flash an OS so that your running absolutely un-used software for maximum performance?
    i want to completely wipe the PB, then put the OS back onto it....yes completely unused software because it has been mentioned by others that doing so seems to fix recurring issues that reappear after doing a normal security wipe
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by saudadeii View Post
    you may use Google if you wish, my browser doth not go there, sirrah

F Google
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

I worked it out, it was on the thread you pointed me too, thanks