Hi All
    I recently picked up a 16gb PB.
    I love it.

The only thing that worries me is the fact, that a big part of me wishes I had gone for 32gb or 64gb.
    I am a little worried that memory will be a problem for me in the future.

I would love your thoughts on this.

Thank you
    Elduque...
    01-13-12 06:29 AM
    it depends on what u intend to store in it. i put lots of media and pics and now i kinda do wish i had a bigger storage. oh well...its not that hard to transfer files every now and again.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-13-12 06:37 AM
    The 16 is still a very good deal for the price. Its a trade off. I like uncluttered devices so my twin 16s work fine.
    01-13-12 06:58 AM
    Thanks for getting back guys.
    i don't think I will put a lot of media on my PB.

I do plan to add some word docs ect for work, tbrough Blue Box.

just wondering if there is any way of extending the memory, say through storage device?

Thank you for your help.

Elduque.
    Last edited by Elduque; 01-13-12 at 07:59 AM.
    01-13-12 07:56 AM
    At the moment there is no way to increase the memory via external storage, though this may come in the future.

If you aren't going to put lots of media on it, 16GB should be fine. I have a 32, and it has been fine. I load it with mostly TV shows and movies for when I travel. I decided to delete my music library because its all on my torch anyway - since I always carry both devices, there was no need for redundancy.
    Last edited by pigdude; 01-13-12 at 08:09 AM.
    01-13-12 08:07 AM
    Check out the Kingston "mi-fi" wireless flash hard drives. Theyre battery powered and provide an additional 32 or 16 gb of flash storage. Also a 500 gb toshiba wireless hard drive (non flash) but i forget the name.
    01-13-12 08:14 AM
    Thanks for getting back guys.
    i don't think I will put a lot of media on my PB.

I do plan to add some word docs ect for work, tbrough Blue Box.

just wondering if there is any way of extending the memory, say through storage device?

Thank you for your help.

Elduque.
    Check this out. It's a little pricey, but with 500gb you'd be able to store just about anything you wanted.

Walmart.com: Seagate GoFlex Satellite 500GB Mobile Wireless Storage Portable External Hard Drive: Computers
    01-13-12 08:18 AM
    Download Box.net from AppWorld. That will give you 50Gb of cloud storage. Using that, you can keen only the must have files on the device.

I was in the very same place you were and decided for the 32Gb model. I use Box and SugarSync for my files, keeping the PB's mem for apps mostly.

All apps installed, and with the very few files I keep on the device, I used 10.6Gb (consider that the OS itself is included).
    01-13-12 08:34 AM
    Hi All
    I recently picked up a 16gb PB.
    I love it.

The only thing that worries me is the fact, that a big part of me wishes I had gone for 32gb or 64gb.
    I am a little worried that memory will be a problem for me in the future.

I would love your thoughts on this.

Thank you
    Elduque...
    My thoughts are that 16 GB is plenty. You can fill it up however you like and delete what you don�t use. Over time it becomes self evident which apps lost their novelty and can be deleted. The �My Apps� feature allows you to reinstall delete apps if you change your mind, so you don�t have to be anxious about deleting it.

My current capacity of "everything I need" is as follows: 69 apps, 462 songs, 24 videos (full HD PB/home made) 259 pictures, 18 work related documents( PDF. XLS. DOC.) And there is 1.6gb free storage.

Which means I could only carry one feature length movie at a time 16gb suits me well
    01-13-12 09:03 AM
    This is really helpful. Thank you for your help and advice.
    i really don't wish to download my music library to my PB, although I wouldn't mind putting on some movies or tv shows.

Can anyone advice me of a thread or help with loading movies on the PB?

Thanks
    Elduque
    Last edited by Elduque; 01-13-12 at 09:54 AM.
    01-13-12 09:52 AM
    Just use Desktop Software, as you would with any BlackBerry device (if you're sure the video will play, drag and drop also works).

If you don't wanna waste space with music but still want some available, MyMusicCloud provides 2GB of free storage and streaming works on the PlayBook.
    01-13-12 10:12 AM
    Just use Desktop Software, as you would with any BlackBerry device (if you're sure the video will play, drag and drop also works).

If you don't wanna waste space with music but still want some available, MyMusicCloud provides 2GB of free storage and streaming works on the PlayBook.
    Thank you for your reply
    01-13-12 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD