Have had a 32g since launch. Still have 20g free space. At $299 very tempted to pick up a 64. Any real reason to do this? Will the new Os, and associated android capabilities, take up more space enough to justify the purchase? All of this is based on positive thinking that the future remains bright for this device.
    01-02-12 07:20 AM
    Go for it!!

As you can see I have 2 64GB's as I don't want to worry about using all the free space, which would slow things down (same as in a PC).
    At the price, you can't go wrong!
    bbfan1040 and shrinkbbuser like this.
    01-02-12 07:23 AM
    Contrary to what some may have you believe, the PB will be around for quite a while, and 64 GB for $299...do you really have to ask? Jump on it.
    bbfan1040 and shrinkbbuser like this.
    01-02-12 07:37 AM
    Contrary to what some may have you believe, the PB will be around for quite a while, and 64 GB for $299...do you really have to ask? Jump on it.
    is Camp L a part of Delhi?
    01-02-12 07:44 AM
    is Camp L a part of Delhi?
    Dijbouti....military expeditionary base HQ for US Africa Command.
    01-02-12 07:59 AM
    Definitely. There will be / must be a way to let your kids (or in my case, grand kids) play games with / against one another. Doc Neutron
    01-02-12 09:40 AM
    The 64's are all brand new. I also have 2. RIMM thought 16g would be the big seller & way overproduced them. Retailers barely stocked any 64's.
    Enjoy.
    01-02-12 10:09 AM
    Certainly not a waste of money - but do consider that OS 2 may bring USB hosting which means possibly thumb drive or SD card storage - if more storage is your wish.
    jafobabe, anindoc and shrinkbbuser like this.
    01-02-12 10:25 AM
    Available online or at a specific store?
    01-02-12 10:49 AM
    Dijbouti....military expeditionary base HQ for US Africa Command.
    Thanks for serving, but I fear you did not get my drift. Delphi was the home of the oracle who could see into the future. I fear RIM may drop all development on the playbook line. At least that is a possibility and the new low price augurs for that.

Oppps, I see a left off a "p" in my original post. Sorry for any confusion.
    Last edited by BlazorBoy; 01-02-12 at 03:12 PM.
    01-02-12 03:10 PM
    Thanks for serving, but I fear you did not get my drift. Delphi was the home of the oracle who could see into the future. I fear RIM may drop all development on the playbook line. At least that is a possibility and the new low price augurs for that.

Oppps, I see a left off a "p" in my original post. Sorry for any confusion.

Ahhhh ha! If you had included the "P", I would have responded differently and pulled up my Greek mythology knowledge base.
    01-02-12 03:29 PM
    Have had a 32g since launch. Still have 20g free space. At $299 very tempted to pick up a 64. Any real reason to do this? Will the new Os, and associated android capabilities, take up more space enough to justify the purchase? All of this is based on positive thinking that the future remains bright for this device.
    i am in the same position. Picked up the 32gb for $250 but now contemplating grabbing a 64. Wonder how long RIM will keep the prices here. I am already in for 2 as i grabbed the 16gb for mom. Too bad there is no memory card slot. Decisions decisions...
    01-02-12 04:14 PM
    Same position here. Have no need for two tabs, and in any case, want a WIN 8 when they hit the market (if ever). I can still return my 32 ($250), but what if RIM does not come through with my order after I have returned my 32?? Can we trust RIM with anything these days?
    01-02-12 04:27 PM
    Yes, I trust RIM....they delivered my 3 PB's on time, as well as the 2 my neighbor bought. I expect to see the 64 GB I just ordered in short order. Unlike others here (and I'm still at a loss as to what happened with their orders), all my dealings with SBB have been first rate so far.
    01-02-12 04:49 PM
    I have the 16GB Playbook and am not overly tempted to get the 64GB model, just because it has been reduced further in price. Sure, more storage is better, but where do you draw the line? You can always archive things on your PC and copy across as needed...
    botts1967 likes this.
    01-02-12 06:03 PM
    go for it! would say, though, if you've not yet maximized the available storage on the 32gb, then what's the point? getting a return on that investment will be tough.
    01-02-12 06:49 PM
    I've got a 16 gb playbook and that has been enough space for me since i just delete movies and shows i download after watching. My biggest concern is how big will OS2 be when it is released. It would suck if OS2 eats up a couple of gig.
    01-02-12 07:46 PM
    I've got a 16 gb playbook and that has been enough space for me since i just delete movies and shows i download after watching. My biggest concern is how big will OS2 be when it is released. It would suck if OS2 eats up a couple of gig.
    The OS probably uses RAM not storage. The 1 gig of RAM may be a limit but a comfortable one. I just ordered a 64 gig which after returning my 32 gig will cost only $50 more; hard to resist even if not essential.
    01-02-12 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD