Now this has happened to me only twice but I figure it's nothing too big of a deal but I just wanted to see if it has happened to other people. I did do a quick 5 minute search and found nothing about this issue.

The WiFi on my PB wasn't connecting to my router at home, U-Verse router/modem, and I thought I had the dreaded "no wifi works" scenario on my PB which had been running flawlessly.

I jumped onto the Bridge Browser to get on CB to see if there was a fix for it. I left my Tour on the nightstand and connected to the PlayBook forum where after loading the PlayBook forum the connection flashed me to the big "lock" screen where I know it means that the "bluetooth connection dropped" After the PB did not reconnect I went to the phone and saw that it was restarting which has happened to me before while I was at work and had my Tour charging while I was reading a few e-mails. I didn't think anything of it.

The phone had 4 bars of charge left on the phone before I left it on the night stand and when I went back to check the phone and start up beejive the battery had been drained to 4% after the phone booted up! That was something that never happened to me before and has only happened to me with the Bridge Browser.

In the end I just had to power cycle the router/modem to get everything back up and running.

What I'm really curious is if this has happened to anybody else of if maybe it's just a one time thing.
    05-19-11 12:18 PM
    Yes. I have had almost the exact event several times.
    05-19-11 12:21 PM
    i've also had that happen to me and my tour just kept rebooting and battery was drained to nothing. think it just happened after installing the bridge and now it happens randomly. Still haven't found a permanent fix.
    05-19-11 12:30 PM
    UPDATE: I think I may have found my solution to the problem...it was my battery, believe it or not. When I started making phone calls the battery would drop from 100% to 10% in a span of 40 minutes...I know that should be right so I purchase a new battery and installed it. Afterwards, no more random resets or ridiculous battery drains to near nothingness.

I inspected the old battery, 2 years old already, and for some strange reason it was bulging compared to the flat new battery. It looked like the cells were about to explode honestly...but after replacing the battery I no longer have any issues and I can browse freely with no problems. I've already replaced the battery for about 2 weeks before reporting my new status. Hope this might help anyone with the same issue.
    Last edited by asianguy80; 06-14-11 at 05:36 PM.
    06-14-11 03:31 PM
    my phone has restarted itself before while bridging, but I never noticed the battery go down.
    06-14-11 04:41 PM
    Mine was more rampant than a few restarts every few days. It was more of a guarantee that it would happen to me at least twice a day and the only way to fix the problem was to get the phone to a charging source before it would regulate itself.
    06-14-11 05:37 PM
    UPDATE#2: Looks like I may have spoken too soon. Today, just now, while I was loading some images in an html e-mail my Tour reset itself...however it did not drop to the 4% battery like it did before but I rather it reset itself then drop the battery to nothing.
    06-15-11 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD