Hi I live in Dubai

I got my playbook last week and and as app world does not work here on Etisalat, I have been looking at getting a link to download it and install it.

Last night I found the link here :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/bl...-links-610857/

and downloaded it. I have a Torch 9800 running 6.0.0.542 and managed to install it with desktop manager.

But once I have installed it I cant see any icon for it or be able to run it. When I check on the application list it is there but wont run!!!!

Can anyone help me please?????????
    Last edited by UKbold; 05-04-11 at 05:52 AM.
    05-04-11 05:46 AM
    Hi,
    Yes i've been able to get it working perfectly in Dubai, what you need to do is make sure that you have the correct versions of both Bridge and BBM.

Once you update both, and are running the correct version, it'll work perfectly fine.
    The OTA for the latest Bridge is here on this forum, while the latest version of BBM is available through your phone's browser (blackberry.com IM section) since AppWorld doesn't work in the UAE. (you will need a Blackberry ID email to get a download link).

Hope it works.
    05-04-11 05:53 AM
    I don't have a playbook, but since AppWorld doesn't work in UAE, how can I download apps?
    05-04-11 06:50 AM
    I think there are 3 ways:
    Blackberry site on phone, OTA links, Cod files to be used with BBSAK
    05-04-11 07:02 AM
    Hi Sid

I couldn't get the OTA downloadsto work and downloaded the files from the above link and installed it via Desktop manager.

I have updated to the latest version now of BBM and still nothing on my Torch.

Have sent you a PM.

Thanks
    05-04-11 07:12 AM
    @SIID can you elaborate how to download apps on PB as am naive with this being my first BB, and app world ain't working here in UAE.
    05-04-11 03:42 PM
    works for me too on etisalat. install the latest version of bb bridge fromhttp://forums.crackberry.com/f222/blackberry-bridge-v1-0-0-83-os5-os6-ota-links-610857/
    05-04-11 04:05 PM
    To access the app world from UAE it need a US proxy. it is working with me.....
    05-04-11 05:41 PM
    can you elaborate how? Via pc?
    05-05-11 02:26 AM
    Hi I live in Dubai

I got my playbook last week and and as app world does not work here on Etisalat, I have been looking at getting a link to download it and install it.

Last night I found the link here :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/bl...-links-610857/

and downloaded it. I have a Torch 9800 running 6.0.0.542 and managed to install it with desktop manager.

But once I have installed it I cant see any icon for it or be able to run it. When I check on the application list it is there but wont run!!!!

Can anyone help me please?????????
    Why doesn't the app store work in Dubai?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 03:08 AM
    congratulations to blackberry users in UAE!

fresh news...

from tomorrow, you will be able to access app store in Dubai through itisalat only i think (du not included)..

timely move as play book starts to be rolled out in uae in grey market..
    05-07-11 12:14 PM
    I'm not sure if this is available yet, but when there is a way for purchases to buy apps as gifts for friends/family/etc, will this work for those people living in UAE? I'm hoping to be able to purchase some apps for a friend that lives there. I had read that this was supposed to be coming to App World sometime but havent seen any information as to whether or not this will work for buying apps for friends overseas.
    05-07-11 12:28 PM
    Appworld both on mobile and playbook is working as of a few hours ago
    i have tried both and working good
    05-07-11 01:16 PM
    it seems to be working here now, every once in a while it does, take advantage
    05-08-11 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD