Although there are still programs and other work that needs to be done on my computer, I neverthless use my PB for many things that now I can do away from the office. My laptop has had a lot of rest and it seems that I have to do more work just to navigate insteadd of the swipes on the PB touch screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-08-11 06:29 PM
    I recently bought a used Ipad because I could not use the supposed "enterprise" PB to access my VPN at work.

The IPad works great over VPN, supports Remote desktop, Skype and all Google Apps - all of which PB cannot do.
    10-08-11 08:13 PM
    I recently bought a used Ipad because I could not use the supposed "enterprise" PB to access my VPN at work.

The IPad works great over VPN, supports Remote desktop, Skype and all Google Apps - all of which PB cannot do.
    Yet. But seems I've seen where people say they do some of that? Hope you enjoy your ipad.
    10-08-11 08:38 PM
    Yep just search the forum for VPN

I especially like this one- in fact it is the only reason I have dusted off my laptop since I bought my playbook to use it as a hotspot for the playbook with connectify.me

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...n-tool-654109/
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-08-11 at 09:02 PM.
    10-08-11 08:58 PM

Google apps? Are those the same as android apps? Or are you talking about google chrome apps?
    10-08-11 09:04 PM
    I was torn between the iPad & Playbook, but after undertaking weeks of research I've decided to go with the Playbook. I manly only use my laptop for browsing the web, Facebook & email & also like the idea that out of all my m8s I'm the only one that'll have the Playbook (as all my m8s have the iPad). As I live in the UK I'm just hoping the price will drop a little & then I'm going to run into the shop & buy one! Also going to get the new Bold 9900 & replace this old Torch (which has served me well)

10-09-11 05:48 AM
    Nope. Cant say it replaced anything, just added to. its great for on the go and lounging in bed, while im in my hotel room i will still pull out my laptop and work on it, and while at home i use my desktop. unless im jusr relaxing on the couch surfing the web.

its a great addition and has its own purposes but cant imagine it would ever "replace" my computers.
    10-09-11 07:30 AM
    With the release of RDM + I do not lug around a laptop. My PB can not do everything a laptop, but my laptop, then do not do my PB to do everything. For example, I can set up and use my conference PB.
    10-09-11 09:51 PM
    Yes. For travelling, the PlayBook has completely replaced my laptop.
    At the office I use a desktop. At home I switch between a MacBook Air and my PlayBook depending on what I'm doing.
    10-09-11 10:09 PM

The BlackBerry PlayBook supports VPN; under Options -> Security -> VPN

The BlackBerry PlayBook supports remote desktop; see teamviewer.com, for example

BlackBerry PlayBook supports Skype; see imo.im, for example
    10-10-11 03:06 AM
    Playbook can prove a good addition to your gadgets, but laptop will have its place for next 2 - 3 year until tablet pcs offer cd player and huge disk spance. but again it depends if you use laptop for facebook, youtube and other social activities then playbook can be good replacement. But still you will miss large screen, performance and huge disk space when it comes to downloading videos.
    10-10-11 04:22 AM
    for the exception of the spesific software i need on my laptop at work as a teacher i can get by just fine usiing just my playbook. it's perfect for meetings and things when it can be a pain jotting things down on paper and the web borwser works fine which is good for when i need to find things quickly and the word and presentation to go apps work really well for quickly editing files when i'm on the go.
    10-10-11 08:51 AM
    in it's current state, no way. If os 2 can bring everything to the table that is rumored, absolutely. I can't even read a library ebook unless i want to pay for software. I think that out of the box, a tablet should have a ereader that isn't tethered to one service (kobo) or at least the option to download one. I have such high hopes for OS 2, i think that it is the last gasping breath for the playbook, I hope RIM put enough focus and effort that it's a rebirth rather than death, because it is a beautiful, fun machine. Like the Storm, RIM shoved this into the marketplace before it was ready to be born. Where the world would be if both products had launched when ready. (Storm = waiting for 9850)
    10-10-11 10:52 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD