the appworld has been filling up with some pretty decent applications lately?

downloaded some great games and programs over the last few days
    05-01-11 08:27 AM
    Getting better. At least there is a usable RSS app.
    05-01-11 08:31 AM

That's bound to happen and I knew it was going to sooner or later. That's why I didn't understand the people complaining about no apps. They needed time to develop them and test them on actual PlayBooks. I am glad they are starting to release them/RIM is approving them. It's nice to look in the Newest section and see a whole 25 different apps I didn't see in there before.
    Oilfan_2009 likes this.
    05-01-11 08:32 AM

yes i've noticed everyday anywhere from 5-10est at least 25 apps are added, waiting for twitter xD!
    05-01-11 08:34 AM
    Now if we can get some os updates to be able fully take advantage of some of the apps that are out .. all might be well with the world..
    05-01-11 08:46 AM
    I don't see that many new apps when checking with the Playbook. For example, this morning it looks like only the first 12 are new in the last day or so. In the ten days since I have bought the Playbook, I don't see that many Apps in total. Maybe in the hundreds, not anywhere near one thousand or more.

A couple quick questions on APPworld:

Are Apps country specific? Perhaps there are more Apps shown if you are in the USA. I am in Canada.

Is there a way to use the online/web version to show only the Apps for the Playbook? I am on a Mac, so there is no Desktop Software program that supports the PlayBook available for the Mac yet. Only option for searching AppWorld is the web browser. If I found Apps via the browser, I would just use the search on the PlayBook AppWorld to find the program and download it.

Robert
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-01-11 at 10:11 AM.
    05-01-11 10:00 AM
    yep - more and more like everyday
    05-01-11 10:10 AM
    Yeah I spent a while this morning getting some new games. This is only the beginning folks.
    05-01-11 10:49 AM
    Has any one noticed that through the bridge email app you can send an email!
    05-01-11 03:24 PM
    Have you drilled down through all the subcategories? I'm in Canada and I'd believe 1 to 3 thousand total - but I haven't tried to count. I have 145 installed.

I don't see that many new apps when checking with the Playbook. For example, this morning it looks like only the first 12 are new in the last day or so. In the ten days since I have bought the Playbook, I don't see that many Apps in total. Maybe in the hundreds, not anywhere near one thousand or more.

A couple quick questions on APPworld:

Are Apps country specific? Perhaps there are more Apps shown if you are in the USA. I am in Canada.

Is there a way to use the online/web version to show only the Apps for the Playbook? I am on a Mac, so there is no Desktop Software program that supports the PlayBook available for the Mac yet. Only option for searching AppWorld is the web browser. If I found Apps via the browser, I would just use the search on the PlayBook AppWorld to find the program and download it.

Robert
    05-01-11 03:34 PM
    Getting better. At least there is a usable RSS app.
    Which one? I miss my Viigo.
    05-01-11 03:35 PM
    Have you drilled down through all the subcategories? I'm in Canada and I'd believe 1 to 3 thousand total - but I haven't tried to count. I have 145 installed.
    You are right, if I go into categories I get a lot more. I hadn't checked the games category until your post and I see quite a few show up. I was usually checking in the non-games categories, which don't have a lot of applications in them.

If I just look at new on the opening /featured page on the Playbook, the new ones don't change that often. They may only put a few of the new ones there.

On the web site, a search on Playbook, only brought up 76 titles. It may be that the majority of the apps do not have the word Playbook in their description.

Robert
    05-01-11 04:11 PM

No, Some games are getting better but as far as useful, not many.

Tim
    05-01-11 05:06 PM
    I find it funny that the top paid app is actually playable as a flash game for free on the homepage of the creator. You also can play it through flash on the playbook itself.

Flipline Studios : Home of Free Games like Papa's Pizzeria and Papa's Burgeria
    05-01-11 05:11 PM
    Has any one noticed that through the bridge email app you can send an email!
    That comment made me laugh!
    Reminds me of a recent comment someone made, "Imagine if the telephone was invented BEFORE the internet. We could actually TALK to our customers!" lol
    05-01-11 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD