Need Help..
    Trying to do the "hard reset" procedure (pressing the volume keys and power button together) but the playbook only shows the screen with 3 options (Restart, Stand by and Shut down) for a few seconds and is not going into the hard rest as it should.
    any bright ideas how to force my playbook to so a hard reset??

I've tried pressing the 3 buttons together, in sequence, but no solution for me.
    is there a DM option for hard reset?
    06-05-12 01:27 AM
    Need Help..
    Trying to do the "hard reset" procedure (pressing the volume keys and power button together) but the playbook only shows the screen with 3 options (Restart, Stand by and Shut down) for a few seconds and is not going into the hard rest as it should.
    any bright ideas how to force my playbook to so a hard reset??

I've tried pressing the 3 buttons together, in sequence, but no solution for me.
    is there a DM option for hard reset?
    Same thing happens to to me, I've been hitting the restart button when this happens thinking I've been doing a hard rest, so I'm curious to see what the answer will be.
    06-05-12 05:41 AM
    How long do you continue to hold the buttons after you see the three options? The PB should shut down a second or two after the popup.
    Maybe your releasing the power button unintentionally.
    You could try a hard reset with just the power button. Hold it until the screen goes blank. The difference being the PB will not restart automatically.
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    06-05-12 05:50 AM
    That's where I've been going wrong, letting go of the button to soon, Thanks.
    06-05-12 05:56 AM
    Hold the buttons down in unison for approx 15 seconds, wait approx 30 seconds before turning PlayBook back on....that should do it
    Scotter75 and Mr_Bunny like this.
    06-05-12 06:31 AM
    Hold the buttons down in unison for approx 15 seconds, wait approx 30 seconds before turning PlayBook back on....that should do it
    With my PB, after holding all three, the PB will restart automatically.
    If I use just the power button, I have to power on manually.
    06-05-12 06:41 AM
    Yes, that's the way it's supposed to be, when done right.
    06-05-12 07:24 AM
    Once I press the 3 buttons it shows the screen with 3 options. than it goes into shut down mode I assume as it doesn't wake up (with me holding the damm 3 buttons for 1-2 minutes).
    the only way to bring it back to life is to release all butoons and press once the power button. that's why I assume it goes into shut down mode
    06-05-12 07:28 AM
    I hold all 3 buttons for 1-2 minutes but it won't wake up..
    06-05-12 07:30 AM
    How so I know than if it goes into a soft or hard reset??
    06-05-12 07:31 AM
    Ok, first thing first, just hold down all three buttons for 15 SECONDS (NOT one minute+) ...release, if PlayBook doesn't restart after one minute, manually restart. You can usually tell if the HARD RESET was successful by the operation of the PlayBook
    Scotter75 likes this.
    06-05-12 07:37 AM
    Usually works for me. I think it's a timing thing. Hold all 3 the popup comes up and in a little bit it restarts.
    06-05-12 07:53 AM
    I THINK that the Power button has 3 functions. A quick press will put the pb into Standby. A longer Press will power the pb OFF. An even longer Press/hold will cause a reboot. I'm not sure that there is any visible/discernible difference in the two later methods.

I THINK that the 3 button sequences does a "Hard" Reset. And "hard" is quoted since it is HARD to initiate it unless you are a well-timed contortionist. My Otterbox case makes it a bit easier since the buttons are more raised by the case design.
    06-05-12 10:08 AM

And "hard" is quoted since it is HARD to initiate it unless you are a well-timed contortionist.
    Lol! Too true. The few times I've had to do it I wound up with an album full of unwanted screenshots to delete.
    06-05-12 10:22 AM
    Lol! Too true. The few times I've had to do it I wound up with an album full of unwanted screenshots to delete.
    To me it seems to still work with the screen shot. Pressing the 3 buttons in any order seems to work as well. For instance, I push power then volume- then volume+ in quick succession. Then end result always seems the same. Power down with automatic reboot.
    06-05-12 11:10 AM
    Don't key-kill your buttons !
    Hold the power button until full stop.
    Press it 3-4 seconds to run again.
    Exact same effect than "hard reset", so far I know.
    No magic "3 keys" thing.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-05-12 at 11:58 AM.
    06-05-12 11:21 AM
    you need only press the volume down and power button. No screenshots and it hard resets.
    06-05-12 11:22 AM
    Thank guys for your posts,
    I will try all of the above..
    let's hope the person who designed this extremely confusing feature is not in charge of designing it for BB10
    06-05-12 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD