On Friday, April 19th, my 32Gb PlayBook will be 2 years old. Yes, I paid full price for it and I use it daily. It never leaves my side and is usually bridged to my Bold 9780. I use it for work, personal use and leisure. It has been dropped, gotten dirty; but when you clean it up, it still looks brand new. My wife also has a 32Gb PlayBook, 6 months younger and $150 cheaper and I also have a 64Gb PB that I got for $200, but I still use my old 32Gb PB the most.

Happy Birthday old buddy!
    04-17-13 09:44 AM
    On Friday, April 19th, my 32Gb PlayBook will be 2 years old. Yes, I paid full price for it and I use it daily.
    Mine too! I love and I know I'm going to love it even more with a BlackBerry 10 update.
    04-17-13 12:08 PM
    Happy Birthday you outstanding device you
    04-17-13 03:21 PM
    Yep, sometime next week my full price 16GB will be 2 years old as well. Looks as good as day 1. Perhaps I will thow it a party.
    04-17-13 03:56 PM
    Yep, sometime next week my full price 16GB will be 2 years old as well. Looks as good as day 1. Perhaps I will thow it a party.
    I have three in the house, decided to pick up a new case and another rapid charger from Crackberry. Got the case on sale a couple of weeks ago (60% off) charger arrived today, only $25. All three look like new so expect to have them for a lot longer, especially if BB10 works on them.
    04-17-13 05:08 PM
    On Friday, April 19th, my 32Gb PlayBook will be 2 years old. Yes, I paid full price for it and I use it daily. It never leaves my side and is usually bridged to my Bold 9780. I use it for work, personal use and leisure. It has been dropped, gotten dirty; but when you clean it up, it still looks brand new. My wife also has a 32Gb PlayBook, 6 months younger and $150 cheaper and I also have a 64Gb PB that I got for $200, but I still use my old 32Gb PB the most.

there with you, my 16g, 2 yrs old, 499. was hard ti believe less than a year later I would get a 64g for half the price.
    04-17-13 05:18 PM
    You jumped the gun a little, but good work anyway
    04-17-13 05:19 PM
    Now lets hope that blackberry will give your playbook bb10 as a present.
    nappp likes this.
    04-17-13 05:28 PM
    I bought my playbook day 1 with cash.

Unfortunately I cannot say I use it every day. I do actually prefer using it to check my gmail than my pc web browser. But the browser on it still needs to grow up and find a job.
    04-17-13 06:19 PM
    maybe by the time the playbook turns 3 we 'll have bb10 on it
    nappp, bodjor and eninrebmun like this.
    04-17-13 06:25 PM
    Enjoy the birthday, I can't live without my, I love my playbooks I have two, 16gb, and 64gb. And I want to buy another 64Gb.
    In general I love blackberry.
    04-18-13 07:05 PM
    I have been hard on mine lately because I love my z10 so much but just watched latest podcast on it and made me realize again how awesome it is. Still can't wait for bb10 update, mainly for the keyboard and browser.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 07:36 PM
    I bought my 16GB at full price 2 years ago, bought it on Best Buy have it delivered to a friend of mine in NY and she mail it to me here in Medellin. Now I have a 32GB that I bought from a friend of mine that really didn't quite fit with her and gave my original one to my mom that lives in Orlando, so that one ended up back in the States again.
    I use my PlayBook every single day for everything! Music, videos, games, Internet, YouTube, work, taking photos, BBM, SMS, email, Facebook, twitter... Everything!!!
    04-18-13 09:51 PM
    My full price 32 died last year (RIM killed it) just under a year old. My replacement 64 died last week at 8 months. My wife's full price 16 is nearly 2 (23 months old) but she hardly uses it.
    04-18-13 10:05 PM
    wow...two years already time flies when you are having fun....
    i need to have have a cupcake tomorrow in honor of my playbooks special day...
    04-18-13 10:09 PM
    My full price 32 died last year (RIM killed it) just under a year old. My replacement 64 died last week at 8 months. My wife's full price 16 is nearly 2 (23 months old) but she hardly uses it.
    I'd love to hear how RIM killed your PlayBook. Wait...8 months? Isn't that one still under warranty as a consequence of being a replacement?
    04-18-13 10:25 PM
    using mine now and most days. also bought on release day. and it is all the sweeter now having it bridged on LTE to my z10 with unlimited data on verizon.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    04-19-13 01:47 AM
    I'd love to hear how RIM killed your PlayBook. Wait...8 months? Isn't that one still under warranty as a consequence of being a replacement?
    Yes. I would also like to know what happened.

Congrats OP. LOL. Mine turned 1 on Dec 27th. Used it almost every single day. I got myself a BB phone BECAUSE of this wonderful little tablet. Always wanted one anyway but I'm cheap.
    04-19-13 09:46 AM
    I also bought a 64GB on launch day (or the first day available in the US, anyway). I use it more now than ever. Even after getting a Z10.

A few months back I bought a 2nd 64GB at OfficeMax for $149... and have been happy to take advantage of deep discounts on: (all OEM) leather pebble grained sleeve case, the leather envelope case (I love this one as my daily driver), two rapid charging stands, and one rapid charger with a power brick. I also got a Bluetooth music gateway and a 1.8 mAh car charger (not strictly PB accessories, but I use them for both PB and phone).

Now that my PBs use either stands or the other rapidcharger, my Z10 has two nice fast chargers to choose from.

Bring a few upgrades from BB10 to my PlayBooks in and it'll be perfect. Two years really? They still feel new to me.
    04-19-13 05:34 PM
    Yes. I would also like to know what happened.
    At around 11 months old my 32 developed a problem with the camera (gray bars). After trying various software cures including security wipes and plugging it into the PC while off to get the desktop manager to reinstall, I managed to get RIM to RMA it. It took 3 weeks to get the RMA box, but I sent it off and it was supposedly fixed. They sent it back and it took nearly a month to get it from FedEx. When I got it the screen would not work - all I got was black with faint green lines. RIM then refused to RMA it again, though they acknowledged that it was non-functional.

So after that experience, why would I RMA my 64? I paid under $250 for it, got 8 months out of it, time to move on.
    04-19-13 08:54 PM