In case people haven't tried this, it is possible to use Google's handwriting search if you go through OrigamiBrowser. I've tried through the Playbook's browser but I never seem to get the mobile site or handwriting settings.

I don't know how many languages are supported but I believe it's dozens and includes the Korean alphabet and Chinese script.

When you go to OrigamiBrowser bring up Google, and then in OrigamiBrowser settings in the top right corner toggle the desktop setting off. Go to the bottom right of the Google page and tap Settings, then the Search Settings. Scrolling down the Settings page gives you the choice to activate Handwrite Search and there is a Save Preferences at the bottom. And on the left side there is a Languages tab with a few dozen showing and a Button for more language choices and a Save button at the bottom.

OrigamiBrowser's Settings seems to need to have its User Agent on Nexus 7 for Handwriting to work but that is the default setting so everything should be good.

If you get stuck, clicking on the handwritten g in the bottom left, or on the Google icon, should bring up some choices.
    nealjane1 likes this.
    01-06-14 09:53 PM
    Nice tip. Thanks. Will give this a go.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    01-07-14 06:45 AM
    Awesome tip! thanks
    01-07-14 01:59 PM
    In case people haven't tried this, it is possible to use Google's handwriting search if you go through OrigamiBrowser. I've tried through the Playbook's browser but I never seem to get the mobile site or handwriting settings.

I don't know how many languages are supported but I believe it's dozens and includes the Korean alphabet and Chinese script.

When you go to OrigamiBrowser bring up Google, and then in OrigamiBrowser settings in the top right corner toggle the desktop setting off. Go to the bottom right of the Google page and tap Settings, then the Search Settings. Scrolling down the Settings page gives you the choice to activate Handwrite Search and there is a Save Preferences at the bottom. And on the left side there is a Languages tab with a few dozen showing and a Button for more language choices and a Save button at the bottom.

OrigamiBrowser's Settings seems to need to have its User Agent on Nexus 7 for Handwriting to work but that is the default setting so everything should be good.

If you get stuck, clicking on the handwritten g in the bottom left, or on the Google icon, should bring up some choices.
    Nice tip. It should also be pointed out that access to to Google Drive and many other functions can be done with Origami, Fast and the standard PB browser which has the advantage ofdirect access from the desktop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    01-07-14 10:31 PM