Anyone know of one in the twin cities area?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

*Edit

Found my answer here

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ri...aybook-605043/
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 04-16-11 at 04:45 PM. Reason: *Solved
    04-16-11 01:39 PM
    Best Buy Heritage (FW, TX) replied "iPad2?" after asking for the "BlackBerry Playbook tablet". Will all Best Buy stores have Playbooks on Tuesday? The reps in my local stores are clueless.
    04-16-11 03:33 PM
    My local best buy just got their demo unit. While I was getting my first hands on with it, it notified me that an update was available. I downloaded and ran the update. Version 1628, I believe. Afterward I proceeded to play for an hour on it. Loved it! Very fast, smooth. Camera was great, shot a short video with my son, impressed with quality in the bright store. Typed a quick document with docs to go, very comfortable in both landscape and portrait mode. A lot faster than I thought I would be. Within 5 minutes, gestures were very natural. Paired with my bb to view my email.. Awesome! Browser was quick and fluid, flash loaded and played great. Fit in my back pocket!!! Big for me as in my work, I need to have my hands free for other tools at times, and have to make separate trip to get iPad. This will even fit in a pocket of my tool pouch! Sorry for the long post, I'm in love... See ya bright and early Tuesday morning!
    Last edited by dunerzr; 04-16-11 at 04:00 PM.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-16-11 03:58 PM
    I am very disappointed in Best Buy, went to two locations and both reps say they weren't allowed to bring out demo units until 19th. Your best bet is to stick with Future Shop. No issues whatsoever with them so far. So much for 'Prefered' Retailer.

04-16-11 05:08 PM
    Was just at the Futureshop at Eglinton & Laird in Toronto.
    While it was advertised all over the place, they didn't have any RIM reps or demo's available.

I guess i'll try on the 19th!
    04-16-11 05:12 PM
    I just got to play with one in the Kanata Futureshop...Was going back and forth between a Xoom (way to heavy...felt like holding bricks), Galaxy tab and ipad2. I'm in love...it just feels so good, the multitasking is awesome, flash sites worked great. It's just...sweet...I was going to get an ipad2 for the wife...I'm going to hold off and let her play with the playbook first...The ipad just felt...awkward...moving between apps felt like 1980...My daughter loves pbskids.org, worked great on the playbook...just didn't work on the ipad...I'm sold...
    04-16-11 05:25 PM
    I felt the same way... Xoom felt to big and heavy. Posting now from iPad, and typing is way more of a pain.
    04-16-11 06:03 PM
    Playbook is demoed at Grapevine Mall (BestBuy Mobile store) in Texas
    04-16-11 09:03 PM
    People in Canada - be carefull with the Futureshop demo location list*. It seems like it may not be up to date. Wouldn't hurt to call the store first so you don't waste a trip (was supposed to be at Oakville,ON store at Dorval crossing today, but I had to go to Heartland Mississauga - where I had 90 min to myself :-) )

* updated: I'm referring to the list on the Futureshop site (I had checked that before going to the Oakville store)
    Last edited by MisterMe11; 04-17-11 at 12:32 AM. Reason: clarify
    04-16-11 09:51 PM
    Updated

MisterMe11 likes this.
    04-16-11 10:35 PM
    Leesburg VA Best Buy has one in the Mobile zone next to the Galaxy Tab, and Huwei tablets. They just got it in on Friday.
    lcooksey likes this.
    04-17-11 09:15 AM
    RIM rep is currently (Sunday, 4/17) at Future Shop in Vancouver (Broadway). He's in the computer section.
    04-17-11 05:46 PM
    Leesburg VA Best Buy has one in the Mobile zone next to the Galaxy Tab, and Huwei tablets. They just got it in on Friday.
    Scratch Leesburg VA Best Buy. Went there this afternoon and it was gone. Asked them about it and it was stolen.
    04-17-11 06:10 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD