so i got the PB form buy.com for $199.00 (16GB) last week, came in 2 days, recd it charged it, set up all the bells and whistles required, was able to sync using the latest desktop software (PC/W7 64bit) also was able to get the wireless connection working, was able to drop movies from my PC onto the PB as a mapped drive, life is good. this goes on for 2-3 days and last night all of a sudden my wireless mapped drive has a red "X" i tried every way i could to get the connection back, the PB is seen on the network in my network connections, just cannot connect. so i plug the PB into my PC and launch desktop manager which sits at "Connection" for a loooong time, then gives an error "Cannot Connect" to the PB try this a few more times same problem, there is an option to reload the software so i try this (basically completely wipes the PB and reloads the OS again no connection either wireless or plugged in again, try this a few more times and still no good?
    got fed up uninstalled DM and put the PB back in the box back to Buy.com
    very dissappointed
    12-03-11 03:20 PM
    They are back with a vengeance!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-03-11 03:23 PM
    I hope nobody beats you up for not properly researching what you were buying or having too few posts to have an opinion.
    12-03-11 03:24 PM
    I know how you feel; I bought 5 iPads, one right after the other, each replacing the bad one before it. Just never worked right; wi-fi was no good on all 5, Safari browser was slower then a turtle with constipation, battery life was like 2 hours on each, the screen resolution was meh, only 512 mb ram, picture quality was like using a Kodak Instamatic after swiping some vaseline on the lens....yeah, 5 bad apples in a row. Oh, and then no Bridge; when I called Apple help and asked why no Bridge, they said, "...what bridge....you mean the Tappan Zee Bridge?"
    jamesbondOO7 and Umedon like this.
    12-03-11 03:26 PM
    bigedmiami,

I had the similar experience and frustration trying to get the Playbook to wirelessly connect to my network. I finally gave up on it until I can figure out what to do next. Meanwhile the BB Decktop connection through USB still works.

I have had passing thoughts about sending mine back too. But I figure the hardware alone is worth the $199 price. I like the HD cameras, decent stereo speakers, GPS, gyroscope, HDMI out, etc among other features. I hope the app selection starts improving!
    12-03-11 03:36 PM
    I struggled a bit originally to wifi connect to my PC. You have to use the IP address, I cannot remember but a Google search should give you the answer. I even found a thread where you can set it up so that your PlayBook is shown on your network with how much space is used/available. I am enjoying my wine now watching a Woody Allen movie and cannot think straight, but I can try and remember tomorrow...
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-03-11 03:43 PM
    That happened to me once. I restarted my PC and all was right again.
    12-03-11 03:55 PM
    Good luck with this thread OP, I'm sure you will be in for a treat.
    12-03-11 03:57 PM
    That happened to me once. I restarted my PC and all was right again.
    Yep, that pesky little ON/OFF switch can make a Trappist Monk go Mustang Ranch crazy.
    12-03-11 03:58 PM
    Seems kinda odd that the OP came here to complain, but when he was having issues didnt post a single thread looking for help. Besides this thread will go nowhere fast.
    12-03-11 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD