For everyone with the green ring bbm lockup or constant insta crashes i found that it's not your playbook it's your phone. my wife has a bb and playbook and it works perfectly. i took her phone bridged it to my pb and it worked perfectly. i took my phone and bridged with her pb and nothing same green wheel of death. i've tried every fix 3 times. the model doesnt matter i have a bold 9650 Sprint 6.0.0.415 and a friend has the same phone and build. Hers works and mine doesnt Now lets figure out why our phones are not connecting properly. It's definitely no fun being completely clueless on this issue.
    Last edited by Dre5025; 05-03-11 at 07:28 PM.
    TnTimberry likes this.
    05-03-11 06:49 PM
    I take it you upgraded the blackberry bridge software on your blackberry? That would be my first spot to look at.
    05-03-11 06:57 PM
    yup installed it, uninstalled it, rebooted installed it again 1.0.0.83
    05-03-11 07:03 PM
    good find! now lets solve this!
    05-03-11 07:04 PM
    I find the bbm through bridge to be very slow. Even first starting it, I sometimes get this green ring going on for about 5 mins.
    05-03-11 07:12 PM
    delete the bt pairs on the pb and bb... reboot both... readd them and try again
    05-03-11 09:17 PM
    I find the bbm through bridge to be very slow. Even first starting it, I sometimes get this green ring going on for about 5 mins.
    No issues with mine...no ring, fast and responsive...how many open chats do you have going? If it is a lot could just be loading all of them, especially if there are pics or videos tied with them. Remember it pulls everything through a limited bluetooth connection. Try "ending" some of your chats and try it again.
    singh60 likes this.
    05-03-11 09:22 PM
    No issues with mine...no ring, fast and responsive...how many open chats do you have going? If it is a lot could just be loading all of them, especially if there are pics or videos tied with them. Remember it pulls everything through a limited bluetooth connection. Try "ending" some of your chats and try it again.
    I have 7 open, so that could be the issue. I will give that a try and see if it improves. Thanks!
    05-03-11 09:54 PM
    For everyone with the green ring bbm lockup or constant insta crashes i found that it's not your playbook it's your phone. my wife has a bb and playbook and it works perfectly. i took her phone bridged it to my pb and it worked perfectly. i took my phone and bridged with her pb and nothing same green wheel of death. i've tried every fix 3 times. the model doesnt matter i have a bold 9650 Sprint 6.0.0.415 and a friend has the same phone and build. Hers works and mine doesnt Now lets figure out why our phones are not connecting properly. It's definitely no fun being completely clueless on this issue.
    What's you BBM version? I know its supposed to bridge with the current official version of BBM, but I didn't even try bridging it with BMM 5.xxx. I just signed up for Blackberry Beta Program and downloaded BBM 6. Seemed to work perfectly the first time and everytime since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 10:16 PM
    What's you BBM version? I know its supposed to bridge with the current official version of BBM, but I didn't even try bridging it with BMM 5.xxx. I just signed up for Blackberry Beta Program and downloaded BBM 6. Seemed to work perfectly the first time and everytime since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Beta BBM 6 tried that a few times then downgraded to the new updated official version. Both didn't work for me.
    05-03-11 10:25 PM
    I was having an issue with the beta 6.0 BBM, downgraded to 5.0.3.22 and it works perfectly now.
    05-03-11 10:27 PM
    I completely deleted my bbm and started over so I have 0 chats going.
    05-03-11 10:32 PM
    i've also been having the crashing issue as well. i just noticed something, while i was trying to connect to bbm on my playbook my native browser was open, but as soon as i closed it, bbm would open for me without crashing! i'm not sure if this was coincedence or if i'm actually onto something. anyone else experiencing something similar?
    05-03-11 10:50 PM
    Dear friends of Crackberry.

If you have many bbm contacts or tons of email messages stored on your blackberry handheld, and you want to bridge it with your beloved playbook i suggest th following:
    1.TURN OFF ALL YOUR NETWORK and WIFI connection
    2.only TURN ON Bluetooth
    3. Open all possible apps on your blackberry bridge to "sync" the blackberry without interruptions of incoming calls, bbms and/or emails.
    4. as soon as all apps are synced by bluetooth start your network and wifi connection and start PLAYING...

hehehehehe...
    hope this helps you all...
    05-04-11 02:13 AM
    I attempted something and I think i've narrowed this green ring problem down. I wiped my 9780 and bridged the device, bbm app via playbook loaded past the green ring and showed zero contacts. Perfect! So then I go to selectively restore the device to see where the problem occurs and as soon as my bbm contacts are restored the green wheel comes and never leaves. So it has to be something to do with the bbm contact database I think at this point
    05-04-11 02:44 AM
    Guys,
    I think I know what cause the Green Ring of Death (BBM).
    It is the contact list of in your BBM.
    Initially, I had 89 contacts. I did some housekeeping. Delete those inactive contact and cut down as much as possible. Now my contact is only 9.
    I BBM bridge with my PB. Wallla...load almost instantly.

Solution:
    HOUSEKEEPING your BBM contact list. Trim down as much as U can
    05-04-11 04:00 AM
    Guys,
    I think I know what cause the Green Ring of Death (BBM).
    It is the contact list of in your BBM.
    Initially, I had 89 contacts. I did some housekeeping. Delete those inactive contact and cut down as much as possible. Now my contact is only 9.
    I BBM bridge with my PB. Wallla...load almost instantly.

Solution:
    HOUSEKEEPING your BBM contact list. Trim down as much as U can
    i had 90 contact on my 9780 and bbm load just fine

another thing that i think it may cause the problem because of special character of emoticon being used in name or status causing this issue

i had a memopad full of this hidden emoticon character and memopad bridge instantly crash when i tried to open that memo.
    05-04-11 04:47 AM
    i had 90 contact on my 9780 and bbm load just fine

another thing that i think it may cause the problem because of special character of emoticon being used in name or status causing this issue

i had a memopad full of this hidden emoticon character and memopad bridge instantly crash when i tried to open that memo.
    maybe all your contacts is still valid and active. I have quite a number of inactive contacts in the first place.
    That is what i found out after trying out many thing including: upgrade BB OS, Unpaired/pair again, Different version of BBM from v5 to v6 at betazone and etc.
    05-04-11 05:26 AM
    maybe all your contacts is still valid and active. I have quite a number of inactive contacts in the first place.
    That is what i found out after trying out many thing including: upgrade BB OS, Unpaired/pair again, Different version of BBM from v5 to v6 at betazone and etc.
    do you mean inactive contacts = greyed one? If yes, indeed i had all of them active
    05-04-11 05:46 AM
    do you mean inactive contacts = greyed one? If yes, indeed i had all of them active
    Yes. Deleted quite a number of greyed out contacts.
    05-04-11 06:01 AM
    Also, when you pair the two devices, I've heard that it is best to set BOTH the BB and PB to be discoverable. I set mine for 2 min, and then performed the pairing process and it seemed to go much smoother then without discovery turned on.

So delete your connection on the BB in the bridge app and make sure it's removed in bluetooth connections.

Do a battery pull on your BB and a restart on the PB.

When they're both back to life, go into bluetooth settings for each and set them to discoverable.

Then finally re-establish the bridge connection and see what happens...
    05-04-11 08:50 AM
    i dunno about the emoticons being the reason. i have the canadian flag alongside my bbm name and it crashes now and then, but also works now and then. unpairing and repairing works sometimes but eventually goes back to crashing. as for greyed out contacts.... is it the name thats greyed out? ive never seen that before and i have 75 contacts. one i know got his phone stolen but there was no change to the colour of his name. i'll keep trying stuff. need to solve this!
    05-04-11 09:28 AM
    any luck?

I wiped my phone today (9780) and reinstalled the original os (rogers), just restored personal info no third party apps, deleted 100 bbm contacts, rebooted both, did everything possible and still no luck.. Definetly is the phone because I had a friend bridge his 9780 and worked..

Please any ideas?
    05-04-11 10:29 PM
    none of you really read the threads thoroughly huh?

doesnt matter... do the following steps if you want to bridge your blackberry with your playbook:

1.TURN OFF ALL YOUR NETWORK and WIFI connection (on your blackberry handheld)
    2.TURN ON Bluetooth (on your BB handheld and playbook)
    3.Setup up Blackberry Bridge according to screen instruction
    3.After a successful bridging, open all possible apps on your blackberry bridge to "sync" the blackberry without interruptions of incoming calls, bbms and/or emails.
    4. as soon as all apps are "sync'ed" by bluetooth start your network and wifi connection

you are set to go...
    05-05-11 01:07 PM
    none of you really read the threads thoroughly huh?

doesnt matter... do the following steps if you want to bridge your blackberry with your playbook:

1.TURN OFF ALL YOUR NETWORK and WIFI connection (on your blackberry handheld)
    2.TURN ON Bluetooth (on your BB handheld and playbook)
    3.Setup up Blackberry Bridge according to screen instruction
    3.After a successful bridging, open all possible apps on your blackberry bridge to "sync" the blackberry without interruptions of incoming calls, bbms and/or emails.
    4. as soon as all apps are "sync'ed" by bluetooth start your network and wifi connection

you are set to go...

Oh btw, here is a few specs of my hard and software:

Blackberry Bold 9700 - OS 5.0.0.979
    BB Messenger - 5.0.3.22 (current BBM Contacts 396)
    Blackberry Bridge - 1.0.0.83
    Playbook 64Gb - 1.0.3.1868

and everything works just fine...
    Last edited by anggaguyer; 05-05-11 at 01:13 PM.
    05-05-11 01:10 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD